Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got VIN on new 110 anniversary ultra limited.. Yee Hawww

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got VIN on new 110 anniversary ultra limited.. Yee Hawww

My dealer called me with VIN# on 110 anniversary ultra limited, So That purdy much locks me in on the numbered bike, Said it should be on the next truck next week...They told me that Harley is not making as many as expected and they were getting one of the ultras so far, all I can say is I got lucky cuz everywhere I called was already sold and when they told me theirs were still available I was shocked and thought they were just trying to get me to buy something else when didn't show up or someone gave more money.. One dealer I put money down tried to sneak 1k to 2k above sticker on me so told them to shove it but will say this dealer was honest.. Now trying to decide if I should get the extended warranty because I hear allot about if you change any thing it is void, but all I wanna do is pipes and that's it...

Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper22
Now trying to decide if I should get the extended warranty because I hear allot about if you change any thing it is void, but all I wanna do is pipes and that's it...
It's not a warranty, it is a Service Plan. And changing anything does not void it. It would have to be proven that your change caused whatever issue you are having. If you put an air cleaner on it and the ABS craps out - the service plan will cover it. It all boils down to how your dealer communicates with the third party that manages the plan.

I know 2 guys that had the same problem with their bikes, 2 different dealers. First dealer comes back and says "not covered, it'll be $1000, sorry". The second dealer comes back and says "no problem, that will be $50 please (deductible)". So, out of curiosity, I asked my dealer how come that happens and he says "all in how it's worded".

http://www.harleysellersassist.com/e...ts_covered.php

Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 AM
EC Rider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good for you Reaper! When I bought my bike in July I really considered waiting for the anniversary bike. My dealer promised to sell it to me at invoice, but he could not guarantee they would even get one. So as I stood there looking at the last 12 Ultra they had I decided to drive it home.

+1 to Weavr. That is exactly how any warranty/service plan works. Same on bikes, cars, trucks, planes and trains! And that is a prime reason to have relationship with your dealer. If you buy the bike and drive it away without ever seeing them again until a week before your warranty period is up with an issue, they are much less likely to work with you that if you at least put your face in the door from time to time, even just to say Hi and let them know everything is going well.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 AM
racerdj
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on your upcoming new Ultra!!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:03 AM
CRocks
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Save the money from the Extended Warranty, buy a good camera, + post us a million pics of the new bike. Congrats!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Buns79
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats your one lucky man! Enjoy! Oh and I'm jelouse!

Old 09-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain

Thanks guys, Whats the odds I get the 110th numbered bike out the door..lol...
Rode down today (2hrs.) and talked to my sales women and got VIN# she said my name is tagged to the invoice so if she is sick the day it comes in all others know it, I was offered the extended 3 year plan for $1000, told them I would take it...BTW guy had deposit down on a heritage and was told they are not gettn one, bummer for him...You can bet I'll post some pics guy's....

Old 09-15-2012, 06:23 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Looked at a 1200 edition today. The tank badge was pretty cool." Congrats"'

Old 09-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tbob
Looked at a 1200 edition today. The tank badge was pretty cool." Congrats"'
Cool, Hows the paint look? heard like a chrome black and more like candy rootbeer than bronze...

Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper22
Now trying to decide if I should get the extended warranty because I hear allot about if you change any thing it is void, but all I wanna do is pipes and that's it...

Depends on the dealer. If you let them get the parts and do the work many dealers will work with you. I got the 4yr extended warranty with wheel and tire. It was tough to swallow. As an example, My dealer and I were discussing catless pipes, mufflers, tuners, stage 1, etc and they didn't have any problems with my warranty, if they did the work. Regarding the catless pipes, they told me to keep the factory pipes in case of a warranty claim. I've done business with this dealer since 1966 so they know me. Also there are some federal regulations regarding warranties and how items are covered.

there may also be protections under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

Quick Reply: Got VIN on new 110 anniversary ultra limited.. Yee Hawww