Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 06:21 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts
Default Did some scraping and rubbing

Bought a new windshield from LRS, and I cleaned the adhesive residue off the windshield supports on my Road King. It took a looooong time. Tried using heat, Goof Off, Goo Gone, WD-40, Acetone, furniture polish, petroleum jelly, and even hand sanitizer.

That stuff had been on the supports for 13 years, and it did not want to come off. The thing that ended up working the best was................ hand sanitizer!!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:47 PM
swabby09
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replaced my sprag clutch assembly today! Been meaning to get to it, had the day off, so decided to tackle it. Pretty simple with the help of the forum. Thanks scubamike!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:57 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Visionary
Started pulling things apart to get ready for my mini ape delivery on Monday. I got everything except the exhaust and the transmission cover off. I didn't want to get to far ahead of myself. I took my time doing it, so it took between a hour and a half and 2 hours to get that far into it.

My bike has heated grips but I ordered some Get A Grip Magnums, I'm still up in the air about swapping them. HD bar book says not to use heated grips with the mini apes. Not sure if it's due to the diameter of the bars and the allowable space inside or something else. I will say when I was taking them apart the control wires were on the outside of the bars and the only thing on the inside was the power wires for the heated grips and the twist sensor. Mind you I did buy the bike used so it may have been a quick fix/install by running the controls harnesses outside the bars.

I'm pretty excited about getting this done and it's turning out to be easier then I was thinking it would be.

I am.sending u a pm now

Old 02-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RideFree1267
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts

I had some Khrome werks 10" bobber bagger apes put on a few weeks ago (no time to do it myself). I had to do something with the mirrors so I just put on my Arlen Ness mini ovals. Very functional mirror for their size.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 PM
NavyUltraRider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added ArmorGuard to the tank, chrome luggage rack with LED light. VTwin Goodies sent me the wrong floorboard extensions so they'll have to wait til next weekend along with the phone mount and cup holder!

Old 02-08-2016, 06:38 PM
locomex696
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha, speaking off, I tried to install an air ride kit, ran into some issues but will try to finish it tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:01 PM
AngelAir
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered chrome Enforcer wheels, rotors, pulley, and all hardware and wheel install kits from Sport Chrome.
Just had Arlen Ness chrome legs installed..

Old 02-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Holeshot450
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yesterday was unseasonably warm here in CT so I installed 4 inch Rhinehart mufflers and tourpack organizer. Klockwerks windshield arrived today so I just installed it. Future plans include a stage 1 air cleaner, gutted head pipe, fuelpak, footboards, and brake pedal.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:00 AM
BigJ37
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, not necessarily "today" but in the last couple weeks I had my whole bike(2008 street glide) painted. It was a lot cheaper so I took it all apart and took my painter just the parts to be painted. It turned out really good. While I was at it, I added 4" stretched cvo style bags, I did away with the big square brake light on rear fender. Had my painter fill in that big hole so I could go with just the slim clean look of the turn signal bar. I just had to straight wire the harness in and use a run/brake/turn module. I installed custom dynamic led's front and back.. New 19" enforcer with new American elite tire, brand new American elite back tire after I found a screw in my other "new" back tire with only 500 miles on it.

I installed a screaming eagle heavy breather with the SE cover, dresser duals, CFRs with a power commander V. New kenwood 6.25" speakers and kenwood amp. All in all, I am very please with how it came out. I learned a lot about my bike and had fun doing "most" of the work myself. I ran into a few problems along the way but with the help of some folks here and the search bar it all worked out. Bike runs strong and sounds amazing.

Name:  image_zpsrlzzn1my.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  502.2 KB

Name:  image_zps84k8jskr.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  635.8 KB

Last edited by BigJ37; 02-09-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:52 PM
cowboybob56
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Motor mount

This weekend I installed a set of rear trans/swingarm isolators and front motor mount. I used YouTube and my repair manual to do the job.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?