Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 05:08 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJ37
Well, not necessarily "today" but in the last couple weeks I had my whole bike(2008 street glide) painted. It was a lot cheaper so I took it all apart and took my painter just the parts to be painted. It turned out really good. While I was at it, I added 4" stretched cvo style bags, I did away with the big square brake light on rear fender. Had my painter fill in that big hole so I could go with just the slim clean look of the turn signal bar. I just had to straight wire the harness in and use a run/brake/turn module. I installed custom dynamic led's front and back.. New 19" enforcer with new American elite tire, brand new American elite back tire after I found a screw in my other "new" back tire with only 500 miles on it.

I installed a screaming eagle heavy breather with the SE cover, dresser duals, CFRs with a power commander V. New kenwood 6.25" speakers and kenwood amp. All in all, I am very please with how it came out. I learned a lot about my bike and had fun doing "most" of the work myself. I ran into a few problems along the way but with the help of some folks here and the search bar it all worked out. Bike runs strong and sounds amazing.

Looks good man is that satin black

Old 02-09-2016, 05:37 PM
BigJ37
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisg81983
Looks good man is that satin black
Yessir

Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJ37
Well, not necessarily "today" but in the last couple weeks I had my whole bike(2008 street glide) painted. It was a lot cheaper so I took it all apart and took my painter just the parts to be painted. It turned out really good. While I was at it, I added 4" stretched cvo style bags, I did away with the big square brake light on rear fender. Had my painter fill in that big hole so I could go with just the slim clean look of the turn signal bar. I just had to straight wire the harness in and use a run/brake/turn module. I installed custom dynamic led's front and back.. New 19" enforcer with new American elite tire, brand new American elite back tire after I found a screw in my other "new" back tire with only 500 miles on it.

I installed a screaming eagle heavy breather with the SE cover, dresser duals, CFRs with a power commander V. New kenwood 6.25" speakers and kenwood amp. All in all, I am very please with how it came out. I learned a lot about my bike and had fun doing "most" of the work myself. I ran into a few problems along the way but with the help of some folks here and the search bar it all worked out. Bike runs strong and sounds amazing.

Very nice. How was it dropping the forks? I'm looking to do that possibly this weekend or next.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

Changed the oil and washed the bike.

And I got the glass for my table today

Old 02-10-2016, 05:13 PM
BigJ37
Cruiser

^^. That table!!!

Old 02-11-2016, 12:25 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki

Oh I like that!

Took off my PCV.......ran no different. Gotta call Keith tomorrow to tell him the news.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki

I have my old wheel with rotors. Wonder if the ol' lady would let me swap out the living room table?

Old 02-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Visionary
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally finished my 12" Mini Ape Install. I look back on the whole process and it really wasn't that bad. I will say a few times I was ready to kill!

The lower diamondback brake line kit drove me nuts. The splitter(distribution block) for the front brake lines was round and didn't match the stock one in terms of the bolt and pin hole lining up on the forks. After calling HD and getting no explanation for what to do and over a hour of trying to get it lined up I threatened to knock off the pin with a chisel. My friend decided to do some internet digging and found that the new design required the pin to be knocked off! It would have been a simple process if somewhere in the various instruction sheet it said this.

Fishing the wires through the 1" bars wasn't so bad on the clutch side but the throttle side took some ingenuity. After struggling a few times, I removed all but 6 inches of the wire sleeve from the top of the harness and used electrical tape to wrap the control wires and throttle grip sensor as tight as possible which shrank them considerably because the sleeve would get bunched up at the last bend. Added a little dish soap and they slipped right through.

The throttle grip sensor wiring was plenty long and I just had to reroute the control harnesses from the stock positions.

Finally after getting the bars on, brake lines on and clutch cable run I knew I was exhausted when I struggled to get a exhaust clamp to seat so I could tighten it for over an hour . I gave up for the day and within 2 minutes the next day got it together .

Bike had inner fairing mirrors with signals on it when I purchased it and with the higher bars I couldn't see anything. So I had to get bar mounted mirrors and a set of LA Chopper fairing plugs. I had a neck fusion last year so having mirrors I can see out of is important since I can't completely turn my head.

So after all that and getting it back together completely I went for a half hour ride around town and got back 5 minutes before it started to snow. I love the bars and the riding position now.

Attached is a few pictures. I didn't get any completed pictures yet. I was so overwhelmed with my accomplishment I just wanted to ride!!!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your bagger today?-20160205_152057_resized.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-20160208_152030_resized.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-20160209_111013_resized.jpg  
Old 02-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Yankee1
Novice

Installed new rear tire, la chopper lowering blocks, pushed the bars forward and mounted my mirrors.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Been riding around since late summer with only the small gauges switched to red LED's. Got the speedo and tach back this week. I am happy.....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?