Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PYO 12" Monkey Bagger Bars Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
MoChrome
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up PYO 12" Monkey Bagger Bars Installed!

I finished up the install of 12" PYO Monkey Bagger Bars on my 2011 Street Glide over the weekend. So far I love these bars. I now get more of a flying vs. riding sensation.

I was originally going with 10" MBB, but after waiting and waiting I decided on the 12" since Phat Performance had a set in stock. Plus from all the posts I read, most always said they wish they had gone taller. Seems to be good advice for anyone considering these or any other apes.

I used Magnum Sterling Chromite cables and brake lines. I went with +8" on both and that worked out well. I also extended the wiring 8" with a Namz kit.

I also notched the left side heated grip and switch housing so I could hide the heated grip wire for a cleaner look. I drilled the inner fairing and routed the brake line similar to the clutch cable for a more balanced look.

Running wires through the bars is a pain in the @$$! I'm sure I cussed Paul Yaffe and his momma quite a few times. Other than that the install wasn't bad. End result was definitely worth the effort!

Attached Thumbnails PYO 12" Monkey Bagger Bars Installed!-apes.jpg  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 AM
MrCarver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good, I am getting these for my new SG also. In black of course. Great product, you will be glad you went with the 12's. I measured the 12's they actually measure out closer to 15's but worth it..... very clean install. How long did the job take you?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 AM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced

Good Stuff!! I installed mine 2 weeks ago and still grin from ear to ear while riding. I really didnt think running the wiring was as bad as everyone had said, I had the bars wired in less than 30 minutes.. I like the idea of putting the brake line through the fairing like the clutch cable.

Im seriously debating the PYO engine guard bars now as I think the sharp corners will match nicely....But as with the bars they are damn pricey...

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
francodanco
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job
Looks great!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

[IMG]/IMG]
Originally Posted by OutdoorJoe
Good Stuff!! I installed mine 2 weeks ago and still grin from ear to ear while riding. I really didnt think running the wiring was as bad as everyone had said, I had the bars wired in less than 30 minutes.. I like the idea of putting the brake line through the fairing like the clutch cable.

Im seriously debating the PYO engine guard bars now as I think the sharp corners will match nicely....But as with the bars they are damn pricey...
Or you can use a Kuryakin Ergo bar. They almost look like a kit.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by GliderXXX; 04-11-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

I just installed my 12" PYO last week in black. I need to get some pics. I love them!

I did however notice that the left insert(tapered piece for the controls) is loose. It has play in it. They must not have welded it fully. I am just going to take the controls off and put a few tack welds on it and see if that will work. I damned sure don't want to take them back off!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 146 Posts

Nice! I did mine 3 weeks ago. More comfortable than stock thats for sure.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:56 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLK08ROCKERC
I did however notice that the left insert(tapered piece for the controls) is loose. It has play in it. They must not have welded it fully. I am just going to take the controls off and put a few tack welds on it and see if that will work. I damned sure don't want to take them back off!
The same thing happened to mine over the weekend. They actually are glued in not welded. (at least mine were) I just pulled it out as far as possible, put some JB Weld on the bar and slowely pushed/twisted the bar back in slowly to make sure the JB Weld got inside. Once it set up it was as good as new..

Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
[IMG]/IMG]

Or you can use a Kuryakin Ergo bar. They almost look like a kit.
That does look really nice....Is it comfortable with the pegs flipped out??

Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks good. I have them on my SG. You will love em

Quick Reply: PYO 12" Monkey Bagger Bars Installed!