Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BDL Compensator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BDL Compensator?

Is this the new Belt Drives Limited compensator to compete with the SE version?

If so.........has anyone looked into it or installed yet?

http://www.bdlsales.com/CS-34A-BDL-3...-UP_p_208.html

Old 04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
flatfifth2003
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribed

Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

Where is the stator cover? Or does this unit use the stock springs?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guntoter
Where is the stator cover? Or does this unit use the stock springs?
Wondering the same thing. I had read a few months ago they were coming out with one in February 2011 but the part in the link is all I could find. I wrote them a note asking for more detail last night.

Either this is a whole different part I am unaware of or their description is lacking?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:40 AM
psalwasser
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered one and they hit the credit card for about 200 bucks. never got a shipping notice. after 2 weeks i emailed, called and heard that it would be at least another 2 weeks. I cancelled, momentarily. I'd like to keep HD parts off my 08 RK and the BDL looks alot simpler in function. My starter only acts up when it's warm, starts fine when cold, but I don't trust it. I've been riding my guzzi. Twin Cities HD Blaine, MN wouldn't fix a leaky tire in my new 08 in fall of 08 and haven't been back since. Would have never dreamed to have them listen to the big clucnk/clunk/clunk when warm starting. don't trust em and their customer service skill suck. Evidentially survived despite the service dept.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by psalwasser
I ordered one and they hit the credit card for about 200 bucks. never got a shipping notice. after 2 weeks i emailed, called and heard that it would be at least another 2 weeks. I cancelled, momentarily. I'd like to keep HD parts off my 08 RK and the BDL looks alot simpler in function. My starter only acts up when it's warm, starts fine when cold, but I don't trust it. I've been riding my guzzi. Twin Cities HD Blaine, MN wouldn't fix a leaky tire in my new 08 in fall of 08 and haven't been back since. Would have never dreamed to have them listen to the big clucnk/clunk/clunk when warm starting. don't trust em and their customer service skill suck. Evidentially survived despite the service dept.
I wrote BDL about their compensator and never received a reply so my take is they rushed something to market before they were ready. I still have not read of anyone installing one.

Sorry to hear of your dealer problems. I have no confidence or help from my local either and try to stay self sufficient. I still buy HD parts on-line or at the local dealer, just avoid the service department.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:11 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That sprocket looks like it eliminates the compensator.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM
psalwasser
Intermediate

I think it does eliminate the spring type compensator. I don't think the evos had spring loaded compensators....

Old 05-01-2011, 06:52 AM
psalwasser
Intermediate

Just installed the SE compensator. Starts when warm with none of the gawdawful noise. Crisp shifting and on/off throttle crisp. Too bad the Factory didn't put this in right the first time. Just spent close to 300 bucks and about 5 hours (I had to run crosstown to get part) repairing what should not have to be a cost to me. Sure like my bike again though.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
SOBTOM
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have broken two of these sprockets. The first one BDL had machined them wrong and it was in pieces within 5000 miles. They kindly sent me a new updated sprocket which I installed and broke into pieces within 10000 miles. They have sent me another new designed sprocket to try again. Ya I dont think so, I will let it sit on the shelf and collect dust. I run a 95" twincam with S&S 510 gear drive cams, so nothing to extreme. I do ride fast, hard and rev it high everyday. This might be a good sprocket for someone who rides like a grandma!!!

Quick Reply: BDL Compensator?