Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 113 Problems HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Aces&Eights
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the pipe I have on is not the best hp producing pipe, I have the Paul Yaffe/Supertrap phantom Pipe on the bike, I talked with a few people including Jamie at Fuel moto and he said on a motor like that it would be 3-5 hp less than what it should be from his experience with the pipe. At this point they are going to get a different set of pistons that harley had recommended and also some different base gaskets. We will see how it goes from there. I am open to pipe suggestions but with the fender and bag set up on the bike I need to go with a short pipe that does not exit out the back of the bike.

Thanks for the compliment on the bike!! I hope that it will run as good as it looks soon.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

What was the verdict or outcome with this build?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aces&Eights
I have a 2011 Roadglide Custom, I had the dealer install the screamin eagle 113 kit, with the CNC ported heads, high compression pistons, 58 mm throttle body and intake, 266 cams the complete 113 kit.

They put it together and it only made 70HP on the dyno, they blamed the tune, so we Tuned it it and it only made 75 HP but was detonating so bad they were afraid it was going to blow up. The compression tests showed 160 on each cylinder.

The suspected cam timing so they took it apart and checked the cam timing and pushrods etc. Everything checked out, so they put it on the dyno again and it did the same thing.

So they took it apart again and changed the cams thinking maybe they were off from the factory, they put 264s in and it only made 60 hp.

They were stumped and the factory doesn't have any answers, they ordered in a new 113 kit thinking there must be a defective part, however eveything in the new kit measures and mic's out the same as the old kit. The dealer and the factory are stumped as to what to do.

Any one have any of these problems or have any suggestions??
Sumping oil??? That 160 ccp on each cylinder is extremely low.The SE266 is to much cam for 10.5-10.8 compression;To run that cam you should be in the the same range i'm in, 11.2 ish.Your cylinder pressure should be around 210-212 CCP.Tell them you need more compression for sure.they should know this.The head gasket would help,but the heads need to be CC'd also to get it right.It's a combination of the head volume,head gasket,pistons,& deck height that make the comp right!!!

Last edited by arealinvestor; 06-21-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Aces&Eights
Intermediate

Well it has been a long time coming but I am taking the bike back in tomorrow for the final step I hope. The Harley Motor Company was at the dealer a few weeks back and they went thru the motor soup to nuts, The deck height was + .003 and the heads were CC'd at 9s and 94.5 cc's. So they had us put in screamin eagle 11:1 pistons and adjustable pushrods. They also recommended I change the pipe feeling it may be too restrictive for that motor. So we put on a set of Vance and Hines 2 into 2 big radius pipes. They put it all together and it sounds much better, but still only did 103 tq and 98 hp. The cc compression was 195 and 170. So they did a leak down test and it held pressure. The Harley rep said that there was too much overlap and in the cams and that they needed to be replaced. He suggested not to use a motor company cam for this motor and directed us to Bob Woods with Woods cams. So I don't recall the cam Bob recommended but they are supposed to show up tomorrow. I know it is a unique grind that he recommends for this combo and that it is not a standard cam on his web site. So I will let you guys know how it turns out when I get it back.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 AM
arealinvestor
Road Master

Well it has been a long time coming but I am taking the bike back in tomorrow for the final step I hope. The Harley Motor Company was at the dealer a few weeks back and they went thru the motor soup to nuts, The deck height was + .003 and the heads were CC'd at 9s and 94.5 cc's. So they had us put in screamin eagle 11:1 pistons and adjustable pushrods. They also recommended I change the pipe feeling it may be too restrictive for that motor. So we put on a set of Vance and Hines 2 into 2 big radius pipes. They put it all together and it sounds much better, but still only did 103 tq and 98 hp. The cc compression was 195 and 170. So they did a leak down test and it held pressure. The Harley rep said that there was too much overlap and in the cams and that they needed to be replaced. He suggested not to use a motor company cam for this motor and directed us to Bob Woods with Woods cams. So I don't recall the cam Bob recommended but they are supposed to show up tomorrow. I know it is a unique grind that he recommends for this combo and that it is not a standard cam on his web site. So I will let you guys know how it turns out when I get it back.
Glad your making progress.The CCP i'm assuming is 195 front cylinder & 170 rear cylinder?? That 170 is way off,something is wrong with that cylinder.The difference should only be within 3-5 psi for each cylinder.That needs to be checked.I'm running a Woods cam myself.He's good & his cam's hit hard.Your numbers are still way off,something is just not right.Keep at it,you will get it right!!! Who cc'd the heads?? Is that a factory spec head?? or did someone else do it?? Sounds like a factory C & C machine job??

Last edited by arealinvestor; 06-22-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Aces&Eights
Intermediate

Well I picked up the bike today. The woods cams that were put in the bike are TW9B-6. The Peak torque is 116 and 112 hp. The AFR is between 13 and 14. There is definitely some room for improvement in the tune.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master

Your getting close.You probably need a better tune & pipe!!!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't go with the 120R because it saved me about 3000 going with this kit and it is supposed to be about 125 hp. And to top it off there is absoloutely no warranty on the 120R. If you bolt the 120R into you bike and hit the ignition switch for the first time and crank snaps in half, there is no warranty no matter what. At least that is what my dealer told me. With this kit I got warranty.

I do believe it is some kind of tunning, it has been tuned by both Fuel Moto and the dealer and it is not in the Tune, it seems to be a mechanical timing issue of some sort, but changing the cams didn't help anything at all.

I am looking for any possible answers
There is no warranty on your 113 either. its for race use only.

If you go S&S you get a full warranty. Yet they seem to sell these SE kits?? Weird.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM
RavenRaider
Novice

I just received a call from my dealer on my 2012 Street Glide. I ordered it in as a 103 and had the 113 engine kit done to it. I have waited 10 weeks for it but the results are in from the "mild" dyno tune. New engine so we can't get to carried away.......yet. 119 HP with 113 Ft/lbs torque. My builder knows he can get those numbers up more after the 1000 mile break in period. I'm excited!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

160 is pretty low for high compression pistons. I would go with adjustable pushrods under the suspect that your current rods are too long and your valves have to much pre=load. Going adjustable would let you do a manual fit.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle 113 Problems HELP!!!!