Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCv and cruise control on an ultra...hello?

Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
Exclamation PCv and cruise control on an ultra...hello?

I added a pcv from fuel moto....runs great...blah blah blah but my cruise control isn't working!!!!!!!

2010 ultra. I get the orange light when the console's switch is on but it will NOT set.

anyone have this trouble? Do I have to set something under "harley ecm" settings on the power commander 5?

I'd rather ask before going into pulling the pc off, checking fuses and the rest.

PLEASE HELP!

-Tony

Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
I added a pcv from fuel moto....runs great...blah blah blah but my cruise control isn't working!!!!!!!

2010 ultra. I get the orange light when the console's switch is on but it will NOT set.

anyone have this trouble? Do I have to set something under "harley ecm" settings on the power commander 5?

I'd rather ask before going into pulling the pc off, checking fuses and the rest.

PLEASE HELP!

-Tony
Same thing happened to me last summer. Uncheck the Harley ECM Setting option, you should be good to go. I have not had a problem since. I received that info from Keith at Fuel Moto.

Cale

Old 04-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master

Thanks Cale! I'll see it it's checked off and report back.

Your bike is real nice looking! and NO, it's not because it looks just like mine. LOL!

thanks again!
Tony

Old 04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master

Hmm . I shut off the hd fetures on the pcv but when i press the set button, the cruise wont set unless i press in and then to the right. Weird.....worked just fine last season. Must be a switch issue. Anyone got any ideas?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
bookworm
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Okay, now you have me wondering if the cruise switch that I replaced last year on my '07 Ultra was really the problem. I will have to check the HD ECM setting on my PC-V. I was having the same problem as you describe. Seems to have gone away, but the bike has been on the lift since November and I am not back home yet from being a winter Texan. No hurry to get there anyhow since the weather in WI is crappy right now.

My advice is to try everything you can before replacing that danged switch unless you are going to have the dealer do it. The whole bike seems to have been designed around it. Holy cow! What a PITA it was to change it.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same issue with my 09 last year... dealer couldnt figure it out? Was it the button or was it something else. Replaced the button and it worked fine. Mine would set sometimes, then go off. If I pushed it in it would work, sometimes... really pissed me off. Good luck

Old 04-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Hmm . I shut off the hd fetures on the pcv but when i press the set button, the cruise wont set unless i press in and then to the right. Weird.....worked just fine last season. Must be a switch issue. Anyone got any ideas?
I went back to the thread I started when this happened to my bike, the difference we have is my red cruise light worked intermittently on mine. When the light was on, cruise would set. Have you done any handlebar work? Like said above, check the wires real good. If your bike has been sitting long term, maybe a wire that was"broken" before, but still worked could be corroded to the point that it is now no longer working. Sorry, wished I could be more help.

Cale

Old 04-17-2011, 11:03 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i know that i got the cruise control put on my bike when it was new, an 08 streetglide and it worked great. then i took the bike back in to harley a week or two later to get the stage 1 download and it killed my cruise. i made a u turn and went right back to harley and they fixed it. now a few months later i installed a pcv when they first came out and didn't have any issues with it being compatible with my ecm at all. it came pre packaged with the supposedly right canned map for my bike. the map was all wrong but the pcv did not affect my cruise.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Cruise should work.
Mine does.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Same problem with 2010 Limited on the Cruise not working. Was instructed to turn off the Harley ECM settings and all good. Also my 6th gear light would quit working at the same time. This would tell you if it was the switch causing the problem or the PCV as the switch has nothing to cause the 6th light to go out at the same time as cruise. This only happened when I had been riding about 5-6 miles at steady highway speeds. After stopping it would reset after a few minutes and work again for a while.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCv and cruise control on an ultra...hello?