Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Batwing" Fairing for my Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Birddog1911
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Batwing" Fairing for my Road King?

I'm really considerring one of the quick detachable fairings for my Road King. Since it's a FF Limited, I don't want to trade it on a 'Glide. I know there is the Dragonfly Concepts and Dead Center, and I've seen some "cheap" ones on Ebay. Just looking for tips, ideas, opinions.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Woodys fairings another option. Glen (Woody) posts on the forum...

Old 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Buddy has a Hoppe Quadzilla on his RK. Very nice.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

The one in my SigPic is a Dead Center that I bought from someone here on the Forum. It has performed flawlessly, and I'm very pleased. My local painter matched the paint setup, and I've got Sirius Satellite, CD, and FM Tuner to take me across those long lonesome highways. You'll enjoy the fairing, and tunes. Never thought I would, but once I got it, I absolutely fell in love with it. Doesn't come off now. DC Fairing also has excellent customer service. I also like that it locks on, so it doesn't take a walk when you're off doing your thing. Shop around, there's a lot of good ones out there, but like I said, I'm very pleased with Dead Center. You might consider used as well if you're trying to save a buck.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

You need to really ask the question "why?". If you are doing it for a more comfortable ride, then you should test ride a few batwing bikes. I personally don't feel the Batwing makes a more comfortable ride. If it is for a stereo or just a fresh appearance style, then the batwing is a good addition to your Road King.

Beary

Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
JayLo
Cruiser

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on the Deadcenter and everything BigSky mentioned above.

J

Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
You need to really ask the question "why?". If you are doing it for a more comfortable ride, then you should test ride a few batwing bikes. I personally don't feel the Batwing makes a more comfortable ride. If it is for a stereo or just a fresh appearance style, then the batwing is a good addition to your Road King.

Beary
He already stated he doesn't want to get rid of his. Not more comfortable? Take yours off and do 500 miles and let us know how that works for you. You can't tell me the fairing doesn't bring some comfort from the wind beating on you.

The following users liked this post:
keepitsimple (06-09-2019)
Old 04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Been wanting to put a detachable on myself. Yesterday was 80+ degrees and the first time I had my windshield off since last fall. Sure feels good to have the wind in your face when the weather is warm and skies are sunny!!! And don't forget the nutritional value of eating bugs...

Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 PM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been looking at the kuryakyn fairing. Like most, kinda pricey, but I like the water tight, sealed, lockable, glove compartment feature. It also has a slide down (marine type) stereo cover to protect it when washing. Just talked to them on the phone and they said they'd have some at Myrtle Beach next month (Barefoot Landing). They look (in the not so great pictures), to be a better design than the factory fairing. I believe I'm going to ride down and see for myself, what they look like in person.

Last edited by reh13; 05-02-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Birddog1911
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beat me to it, Jeff. I never asked why, and I have ridden a couple of Street Glides; hence why I'd like to put a fairing on my RK. But, since the RK has special meaning to me, and a lot of customization, I don't want to part with my bike.

Hell, one of the biggest reasons I want one is the comfort of not having my hands freeze all the time when I'm riding in colder weather. 20 degrees will freeze the fingers, fast.

Quick Reply: "Batwing" Fairing for my Road King?