Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Supporter
Default 2011 FLHX seat review

So I decided to take the advice of some here and switched my 2010 FLHX seat for a 2011 seat. The 2011 seat is more comfortable and more contoured in the front drivers portion with more lower back support although it doesn't really appear to lower me much if at all? The passenger portion is probably much better for passengers as it is noticeably taller and thicker in that area. However, it is not nearly as streamlined in the passanger area and doesn't flow back into the rear fender nearly as nicely as the 2010 seat does. (IMHO.) So I guess that will need to change for me. I'll be sending that seat for some mods, as I ride solo 99% of the time. Also can anybody tell me whats up with the two slots in the seat? I know the large gaping slot is for the riders backrest but whats up with that other fairly large slot? That larger slot is well.....Large!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Supporter

I believe it's for water to drain from the seat ?

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drukanfu View Post
I believe it's for water to drain from the seat ?
I suspected that was probably the case, but Man, thats a decently sized drain hole??
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Senior Rider

the only thing that i dont like about the SG seat is that the rider's **** is put into the pocket of the seat. It made it difficult to get out of that pocket to shift around to get some circulation. I got the badlander so i can shift around on long rides. As i seen in hospitals, you got to shift around once in awhile or you going to get bed sores.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper57M View Post
the only thing that i dont like about the SG seat is that the rider's **** is put into the pocket of the seat. It made it difficult to get out of that pocket to shift around to get some circulation. I got the badlander so i can shift around on long rides. As i seen in hospitals, you got to shift around once in awhile or you going to get bed sores.
Or in this case...Glide sores!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Prospect

I put 1,000 miles on my 2011 the first week I had it. I thought the stock seat looked good and was reasonably comfortable. But, for a long ride, too soft. It developed hot spots and when I hit a bump I bottomed out. I could make this seat work, but I bought a Corbin Gambler to replace. it. Haven't had a chance to try that one out yet. I lean towards a firmer seat for long rides.
Blackhorse
Old 04-26-2011, 04:48 PM

P