Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Road Master
Default Saddlebag Lock

There have been other posting on this subject. The lock on our hard saddlebags have a tendency to fall off from time to time, you know, the cam that latches when we use our key to lock the bags. The correct part number for replacing the cam is
90682-93.

Now, I just purchased one today ( $ 5.00) to replace the one that was lost (fell off??). I noticed that on the good latch there was a small spring behind the cam BUT the package I purchased today did not have the needed spring. HD parts book does not show the spring as well and the parts guy at HD did not have clue as to why the spring was there. I put the new cam on without the spring and it seems to work so far. So, if you find that one day while trying to lock your saddlebag and the key just goes round and round, the reason is the cam is gone. The spring issue is a mystery and where you get one is a mystery. Any help on the spring replacement would be welcome.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM

P

Tags
90682-93, bag, classic, davidson, diagram, fixing, hard, harley, lock, locks, replace, round, saddle, saddlebag, saddlebag lock, ultra