Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for input on vance and hines big radius exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 PM
SG RIDER
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for input on vance and hines big radius exhaust

looking at maybe buying vance and hines big radius pipes they sound wicked but not sure if ill be able to hear radio when going 70 mpg anyone have these on there bagger imput please and info on what i will need to set up my bike with custum exhaust to make it right

Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
scotracy
Road Captain

Got a RKC with stock exhaust now...I had them on my Fat Bob... loved them, but they are LOUD! But it did not bother me at all... can't answer them on a bagger...sorry... but great performing exhaust..

Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 AM
WrenchCPO
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by SG RIDER
looking at maybe buying vance and hines big radius pipes they sound wicked but not sure if ill be able to hear radio when going 70 mpg anyone have these on there bagger imput please and info on what i will need to set up my bike with custum exhaust to make it right

I replaced my Rinehart TD's with the Big Radius on my '08 SG this year. I did need to retune the bike after installing the new pipes. So far I have zero complaints, the volume of the pipes going down the road is not bad at all, but still barks when you open the throttle.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
SG RIDER
Intermediate

how is it to hear ur radio going 60 to 75 mph di u have to upgrade radio what pipes u like better rhine hart or radius

Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM
98fat
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Big Radius 2 into 1 on my Fatboy. They seems a little deeper and softer than the 2 into 2. I really like em....

Old 05-02-2011, 05:53 AM
WrenchCPO
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by SG RIDER
how is it to hear ur radio going 60 to 75 mph di u have to upgrade radio what pipes u like better rhine hart or radius
The only mod to my radio was the 7.25" J&M speakers, but I think the biggest help to hearing the radio is to replace the stock windshield to reduce the wind buffeting.

As far as preference of the pipes, I am glad I swapped the Rineharts for the Big Radius, I like the look and sound a lot better.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Does that SG mean that you're riding a Street Glide? I'm thinking it probably does. You have fairing speakers, so you'll be OK. I have an EG Classic with Rush slip-ons & a 2.5 inch baffle. Have had the baffles about a year and a half. They get even louder as the packing burns off, but I don't have any problem hearing tunes. You'll be able to hear the pipes, but most of the sound will be behind you. Obviously, at highway speeds you won't be able to hear it as much as when on a 50 mph ride, so I don't listen a whole lot, at 75 mph. I have 6.5 inch Hertz Titans up front, the Arc Mini amp on the radio (under the fairing), and a Woof Pak subwoofer in the tourpak.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 AM
TheBurninator
Cruiser

From my experience, I can hear the radio about as well as I could before I put the pipes on...which is not very clearly at 70-75mph. I have the stock radio and it didn't sound very clear as I was riding home the very first time. That being said though, I didn't notice any adverse reaction to that quality when riding after installing the big radius pipes!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:26 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Big Radius 2-2 on my '09 SG. To me the radio is still the same. I am more concerned with wind noise than my pipes when it comes to volume.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2012 Street Glide with V & H Big Radius 2 Into 2

I have the V & H Big Radius 2 Into 2 on my Street Glide. They look and sound great, quite loud, but the noise kind of "recedes" behing you on the road, so I hear the stereo just fine with them. I AM thinking about adding the Big City Thunder QQ Baffles, I'll come on here after I install them and let you know what I think.

Quick Reply: looking for input on vance and hines big radius exhaust