Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields new 19" shield is excellent!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:20 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields new 19" shield is excellent!!!

I recently received the new 19" shield in light tint from Long Ride Shields for my 2009 Road King Classic. It arrived via UPS and was nicely packed so it arrived in perfect shape as you'd expect. The fit is flawless and I knew that if the "flip-up" they incorporate into their designs worked as it was intended, I had made the right choice in a new windshield. After I installed the shield, the first thing that grabbed me was how much better the bike looked. Now would probably be a good time to tell you that I am about 6'1" tall and I have a sundowner seat. When I got on the bike I thought to myself, this is perfect! The factory shield offered good protection but it was right in my line of sight. With the Long Ride Shield, I can clearly see over the top of the shield, which is how you are supposed to see as opposed to looking through the shield. Well, I took the bike out yesterday and the "flip-up" works beautifully! It kicks the air right over the top of my head with no buffeting whatsoever. Now my long goatee isn't blowing straight up in my face and I can see without the top of the factory shield in my line of sight. This thing is a piece that not only looks great, it functions very well too. That's something that is not always the case with aftermarket motorcycle products. The other thing I would like to add is the quality seems to be outstanding and last but not least, in my opinion this is hands down the best shield for the money available. Period. This shield is head and shoulder and line of sight above the competition. Great job on an fantastic windshield, Long Ride Shields! Thank you!

Last edited by 1931jamesw; 05-08-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1931, how about some pictures of the shield on the bike? I am the same height as you and also have the sundowner seat. I would like to see what it looks like on the bike.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics would be great Thanks for the review! I am really leaning towards this shield as well...was thinking I wanted the 22 to protect more on the highway but looks like the 19 might do the trick if it throws the air up and over as you described. Wonder how light tint would look on the Sedona Orange?

Old 05-08-2011, 04:20 PM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
1931, how about some pictures of the shield on the bike? I am the same height as you and also have the sundowner seat. I would like to see what it looks like on the bike.

Agreed... I'm also 6'1 and would love to see pics.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

I'll try to get a picture up later. My laptop took a dump and all I have right now is my iPhone. Port Dawg, I went with light tint because the medium looked a little too dark for me. I didn't want the tint to be darker than my smoked turn signal and I think I made the right choice with the light tint. The tint color was something I wrestled with. I actually pick the medium tint first and then changed my mind. LRS was patient with me and actually changed my initial order of medium tint to light tint. I have no regrets going with the light because I think the medium would have definitely been darker than my smoked lenses.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info...actually not sure if I want to go clear or light tint...I don't have anything "smoked" on my King and not sure how tint would look with this color. The good news is I'm a couple of inches shorter than you and it looks like the 19 might do the trick for me...

Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 AM
StreetKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ like to see that picture also of the light tint on your scoot.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah! Another happy customer. These 19" shields are the cats meow for the Road King. Here are some pics of my 19" Medium tint Longride.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 AM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

I just got my 19" light tint and I'm not liking it too much. Not the performance of the shield, but the clarity. The material is almost opaque. It is completely covered with what looks like a Haze. Nowhere near the clarity of my HD light tint shield. Guess I'll use it as a backup.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:01 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FDHOG
I just got my 19" light tint and I'm not liking it too much. Not the performance of the shield, but the clarity. The material is almost opaque. It is completely covered with what looks like a Haze. Nowhere near the clarity of my HD light tint shield. Guess I'll use it as a backup.
Did you try cleaning it? The plastic they wrap them in left a film on mine too but it cleaned off easily with window cleaner.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields new 19" shield is excellent!!!