Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paul Yaffe bad businessman or genius?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetPilot
Read the fine print on those Ebay PYO Bars. I bought a set and have been waiting for 6 Weeks as of Monday. I'm I was sent an email after I paid that it would be about 2-4 weeks. When a month passed they told me 6-8. PY definitely needs as "Supply Chain Manager". They seem to have an excellent product if you can get it.
Wow. The Eastern Performance auction claims shipping it within 7 days which suggest they have it in stock and it doesn't say anywhere about waiting for a shipment. I know I'd kill em with the feedback if they pulled that number on me. I am not sure about the other 9 auctions. The whole situation sucks really. I like the 10" OEMs I have but the 12" would have been the perfect fit. I just wasn't willing to let the whole riding season go by with out any change at all. Plus got a killer price to boot.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya just went the same **** with his cow bells thru fatbaggers on ebay. They claimed 42 in stock on the auction, so after i ordered them i find out 30days before shipping...

as for his tanks, they require alot! of work to get straight.. the box mine came in said custom chrome on it - not sure where they have them made?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i was like you before ordering it but i never regret waiting for it after putting it on my Ultra. I ordered the bar at DR VTwin, 7 weeks for them to get it and about 3 weeks to arrive at home...
I forgot the wait and the price...

Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have been callin Bagger Nation where Paul Yaffee is and left messages and emails and I can't git in touch with anybody.

Don't guess they care to do much business unless yer at a rally or something.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
firefightermike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a set of 12" from phat performance, a week ago Monday got them the following Monday. Now just waiting to get them on.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:47 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,881 Likes on 21,305 Posts

They're out and there and available now w/little to no wait, but ya gotta know how to look, and I won't say any more.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Originally Posted by lionsm13
They're out and there and available now w/little to no wait, but ya gotta know how to look, and I won't say any more.
Yaffe for the Bat Wing is not hard to find. 10" or 12" are in stock in many places.

Now for the RG it is a whole other story. I just got a call from Harley Direct telling me they just got a pallet full of OEM bars for the RG. Problem is they were all black and sounds like all were 10". Now try to find the 12" Chrome OEMs. Never did score them in 7 weeks and I gave up waiting. Should they ever show up I'll swap out my 10".

Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slothy
ya just went the same **** with his cow bells thru fatbaggers on ebay. They claimed 42 in stock on the auction, so after i ordered them i find out 30days before shipping...

as for his tanks, they require alot! of work to get straight.. the box mine came in said custom chrome on it - not sure where they have them made?

From what I understand there's 2 separate versions of the Yaffe tank. The first batchs were pretty high quality pieces, the stuff thats being turned out now is manufactured overseas, hints the long wait/low quality. The tank that's on my father's bike was in great shape, super straight and the painter mentioned it was really easy to prep. From the time it was order it took about 10 days before he recieved it. Everyone Ive heard interested in one now says they're told about 6-8 weeks or more before they'd ship out. Same with the bag latches, fork sliders, exhaust tips, and other crap. Less than 2 weeks. Maybe we just got lucky.

LePera was who told us this. When he went to order a seat they were unsure if the mold they had been using to make the seats for the Yaffe tanks would fit the Chinese tanks as well as they fit the first batches of tanks. Since he was unsure exactly which tank he had they shipped the seat uncovered to check for fitment.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:52 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 AM
cbpbos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my experience with yaffe, im not impressed, still have not recieved a call back....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...r-service.html

Last edited by cbpbos; 05-17-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Paul Yaffe bad businessman or genius?