Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats best for more light on front of Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:33 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderBueller
Comparing my FLTRX headlights to my '05 Night Train with a Hella E-code headlight shows how pathetic those "2 big lights" are. I don't know but I'm pretty sure it's poor reflector design, leaning more towards looks than actual performance. The stock headlight in my Night Train sucked too.
I'm not a roadglide fan. I don't care for the looks of the fairing or the dual light up front. I didn't know they had lighting issues. I didn't know, but I always assumed that with the twins up there, you got to see a lot of road. Judging from the replys, seems like a lot of other guys didn't care for their twins either.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:43 PM
RGfan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mikeshog, Let us know what you go with. I'm in the same boat. I need something more up front to "be seen", even in daylight. I rarely ride at night, but if I do, and ride more than 50 mph, I out-drive my headlight beam.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:44 PM
PNSHVL
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Kuryakyn if you want to see at night. I put them on mine and well worth the money. Kind of a pain to install but they are plug and play. I love mine!

Attached Thumbnails Whats best for more light on front of Road Glide-light-install-004.jpg   Whats best for more light on front of Road Glide-light-install-003.jpg  
Old 05-29-2011, 06:55 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeshog
Have added LED bulbs to the stock headlights but need to keep them on high to be seen. I want to add light but not too excided about adding to the engine guard. What other options have people used to get better visability?

thanks,
mike
I would also be interested in what LED bulbs you have on your RG. I currently have HID's and Custom Dynamics "Moon Shines". Have been waiting to hear something about LED's for the sharknose, all the batwing guys are raving about the ones available for them...

Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Moto Lights, they fill in everything that the headlights miss.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:59 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Mot Lights, nothing better!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

motolights here ( and you can get replacement bulbs from any home improvement store if needed.)

Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moto lights and soon to have 55watt HID's in there whenever I get the urge to pull the fairing off for the last time, I got the new HD setup to install now where you don't have to pull the fairing to change bulbs anymore! lol!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:19 PM
mikeshog
Cruiser

sorry to mislead everyone on the LED's. That is what I requested from the dealer in daytona when I bought the bike a month ago but after calling them I was informed that what I got was the High Intensity bulbs in the existing lamps. They are brighter on high beam but not real noticable on low. I am fine with the light at night--it is the noticability during the day that I am concerned about. Did a 2 day trip and the guys in front stated that I did not stand out at all on low beam. Don't care what smart *** comment Roadking200 makes, when the old fart here in Florida look my way I want to be the one he notices and doesn't pullout in front of.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Too bad the Euro housing was discontinued by HD. It is a big improvement.

Quick Reply: Whats best for more light on front of Road Glide