Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have finish problems with their Rinehart's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Anyone have finish problems with their Rinehart's?

I purchased 4" Rinehart slip-ons last August and have really enjoyed them on my 2010 Ultra Classic Electra Glide.Yesterday I cleaned off what appeared to be a big glob of road tar or oil.I used Turtle Chrome polish with a soft non scratch detail cloth.It took some work and after I got it off I noticed some little spots of chrome that had flaked off.I couldn't believe that could happen using a non abrasive chrome polish and detail cloth by hand.I emailed Rinehart's warranty department with pictures including the original box with invoice still attached.I'm hoping they will take care of me since their product comes with an 18 month warranty. I feel it is important for all of us to share how the different manufacturers take care of customer issues so I will post the results weather they be good or bad.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:14 PM
drifter13
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart

This is a current event for me, I'm waiting for a proper response from RH as well. I bought a set of Black Rh May 2010, I started noticing some blotching on the mufflers & heat shields this past April, which has continued to spread. I emailed, called, emailed some more & after several weeks was notified by Clearline Industries that I had purchased a set manufactured by Bub & they would NOT cover warranty. This morning I had an email from Rinehart Racing explaining that the best they could do is offer me new set at close to retail price. My stance is regardless of who manufactured them the finish is faulty & should not be rusting in less than 12 months from installation, I'm disgusted that Rinehart Racing is backing away & blaming me the consumer that somehow I'm at fault because they were NOS pipes. This is my 2nd pair of pipes, first ones were chrome, I'm seriously considering switching to Vance & Hines if RH doesn't step up. -Drifter
2007 FLHX & 1985 FLTC

Old 06-08-2011, 08:19 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

There's good reason the BUB manufactured RHs only had a 90 day warranty

Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
C908
Road Warrior

I spoke with Clearview today and they are going to call Rinehart and get back with me. If I'm not taken care of I to will be switching Vance and Hines.I will post more when I have an answer.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh man!! Sorry to hear it. Mine have been wet twice...once in a rain storm and the washing it got after the rainstorm. I'm keeping an eye on them!! I REALLY hope they step up and cover you guys. As we all know, a bad experience travels 100x's faster.......

Good luck guys and keep us posted!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Gdub
Cruiser

I had a set of 4" on my bike for about 600 miles, when I pulled them off I notice the chrome was starting to get little flakey rust spots on them.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
C908
Road Warrior

Well I stayed after them all afternoon at clearline warranty department with no luck. They seem to flip their switch through out the day that makes their recorded message play when you call. I will start calling again in the morning and see if I can get anywhere. If they can't take care of me I will contact Rinehart.I will post more information when I get it.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

I have had mine for over a year and no problems so far. No complaints with finish or sound.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

That's always been a weak spot with Rineharts. I've got a set of the older Bub/Rinehart TDs, and the chrome just isn't the same quality as V&H. I don't have any flaking problems, but my chrome does look thin in spots

Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Bfazona
Tourer

Add me to the list of people with finish issues on my 4" Rineharts. I already have a warranty claim in with Clearline, but it's unsatisfactory in my opinion. For the amount of money we pay for Rineharts, they should be top quality. I had a set of V&H Big Shot Shorts on my Lowrider for 6 years without any problems. And my issue is the spotting/rust on black slip-ons, just as described above.

Quick Reply: Anyone have finish problems with their Rinehart's?