Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack detach rack for 08 and older models

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tour pack detach rack for 08 and older models

Ok, I put the docking points on for a backrest on my 05 electraglide. I would love to find a bracket for my tour pack to install it using my docking points for the backrest rather then having to get the ugly assed hoop docking kit that is currently used by MOCO for the tour pack.

Has anyone ever dreamed up such a bracket yet???? Do I have to go out and buy another backrest, cut it up etc to make my own or what???? Not that I can't do it but we don't have a rechromer in my area.

I would love the tour pack for weekend trips also add that my family won't get on it without the pack in place but I don't want the pack on for solo riding.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

I made my own but BRC Creations makes one.

Attached Thumbnails Tour pack detach rack for 08 and older models-dtach-1.jpg   Tour pack detach rack for 08 and older models-p1010001.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 PM
r0ckie
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have the complete setup.

[QUOTE=Rat1;8430032]Ok, I put the docking points on for a backrest on my 05 electraglide. I would love to find a bracket for my tour pack to install it using my docking points for the backrest rather then having to get the ugly assed hoop docking kit that is currently used by MOCO for the tour pack.

Has anyone ever dreamed up such a bracket yet???? Do I have to go out and buy another backrest, cut it up etc to make my own or what???? Not that I can't do it but we don't have a rechromer in my area.

I would love the tour pack for weekend trips also add that my family won't get on it without the pack in place but I don't want the pack on for solo riding.[/QUOTE

I have a complete 4-point quick-attach setup that came off my 04 EG Classic. email me at sand1@bellsouth.net if interested.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Rat1,

I bought one (detachable tour pak rack that uses the backrest/forward docking points but locates the tour pak rearward like the HD two-up rack but w/o the ugly HD hoops hardware) from Milwaukee Bagger. They're no longer on MB's website, but you could call Nick, the owner, and ask about them; maybe he has some stock or knows of who does.

Carl

Old 06-11-2011, 07:20 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paul at native custom baggers got me one from bkr creations a couple months ago (they made them for milwaukee bagger ) try him, they used to be listed on e-bay ..........http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/

Old 05-26-2023, 08:19 PM
gonefortheborder
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

@LRS2020 Good video, thanks especially for pointing out the backrest drill points on the lid. I bought the full size version of your TCMT tour-pak. The full size pak comes with a full-size backrest that to me would look stupid combined with my bike's solo seat. I bought a chopped style backrest as I ride solo and only run the tour-pak a few times a year on trips. I was at the point of making a template and going to town when I saw your video. Sure enough, my lid had marked drill points that worked for the chopped style backrest (I have no idea if they would have worked for the full size backrest) that I hadn't noticed until I saw yours. Mine didn't come with any hardware, either, but it did come with the reinforcing plate and a felt liner that didn't fit (maybe for the older style tour-pak?). You really should get the plate as that plastic base might not stand up to vibration and load very long.

I also paid the MoCo for an OEM lock so I don't have to carry an extra key. Bolted right in and seems to do a better job of locking the latch.

It's not an OEM tour-pak but it'll do fine for the few times a year that I'll use it. Thanks again for a good, informative review!

The following users liked this post:
Alex Chan (05-26-2023)