Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a usb module for the factory radios????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:27 PM
bliskin
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a usb module for the factory radios????

i want to be able to use my flash drive that has about 500 songs on it and it just will sound better then my mp3 player running thru that little cord into the port anyone have any ideas if there is such a thing they use to make them for car radio's before they had them on the front of the radio's.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Tool Man
Cruiser

I don't know about the USB port but I burned a disc with mp3 files and have over 200 songs on it.

Tool Man

Old 06-26-2011, 01:57 AM
gunnyBob
Cruiser

+ 1 with bliskin. Would like to know too...

Old 06-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Califonia Bagger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rebuilding my street glide right now, and I know the answer to that question.. The answer is yes, Harley has a USB / Ipod adapter for the HK advanced stereo. The usb plugs into the device that splits off the back of the head unit. The usb would then run to your saddelbag. It also charges your ipod or iphone. IT is about 500.00... So I took my stereo out and sold it on ebay for 600.00 and bought a kenwood that had all the features I wanted for 300.00. I put new speakers and tweeters in as well for 300.00. So I got everything I wanted for a wash.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Man
I don't know about the USB port but I burned a disc with mp3 files and have over 200 songs on it.

Tool Man
Plus one on that, cant be doin with choosing folders and files, I too burn a cheap old disc and throw (not literally of course) it in the slot.....
Cheers
R

Old 06-26-2011, 05:46 AM
watercop
Cruiser

Just recieved a J an P cycle sale cataloge yesterday and notice one in there. Pretty simple and reasonable.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:10 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bliskin
i want to be able to use my flash drive that has about 500 songs on it and it just will sound better then my mp3 player running thru that little cord into the port anyone have any ideas if there is such a thing they use to make them for car radio's before they had them on the front of the radio's.
No simple and cheap solution for the problem short of replacing the radio or running cables from the back of the unit in the fairing. You'd think that, in 2011, HD would have a USB port on the face of its HK radio but no.
Like many others, I burned an MP3 CD.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:24 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Califonia Bagger
Rebuilding my street glide right now, and I know the answer to that question.. The answer is yes, Harley has a USB / Ipod adapter for the HK advanced stereo. The usb plugs into the device that splits off the back of the head unit. The usb would then run to your saddelbag. It also charges your ipod or iphone. IT is about 500.00... So I took my stereo out and sold it on ebay for 600.00 and bought a kenwood that had all the features I wanted for 300.00. I put new speakers and tweeters in as well for 300.00. So I got everything I wanted for a wash.
+1,
I just put a Kenwood KMR-440U (marine grade) and Infinity Reference speaks in my Standard, and did it for under $500 and about 6 hours of labor getting everything to look as close to stock as possible.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 AM
xglide06
Advanced
Default Hand controls

Were you still able to use the factory hand controls with the Kenwood?

Originally Posted by Califonia Bagger

Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer

I wonder if Iron Cross could add a connection to the face of the radio.

Quick Reply: Is there a usb module for the factory radios????