Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harman Kardon disc errors..... help please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harman Kardon disc errors..... help please.

The CD player worked finre Saturday evening when I parked the Bike. I left the hotel room yesterday AM to come home and the CD player wouldn't work.

I'm getting disc error codes 0, 1, & 46.

Does anybody know what these codes mean so that I can try to track down the problem?

FYI...... it was VERY damp Saturday night and the bike was covered in heavy dew yesterday AM.

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm.... no responses.

Well after sitting in the garage all day and drying out everything works just fine tonight. There must have been some condensation somewhere in the unit.

I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same issue since I had no luck searching.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you put it into Diagnostic Display and then see those numbers? I don't see anything in the radio diagnostic manual that match those numbers.

DTC's are 1 letter with 4 digits like this -> B0563. To get the codes you follow this procedure. Sounds like it is working now but if you wanted to do this I could then look up the codes.

Radio Diagnostic Display

While depressing and holding any two softkeys (buttons 1-6), turn the ignition switch to ON. Once the H-D logo is displayed, the system automatically performs a complete switch check, scans for current DTCs, and then displays the radio diagnostic display. Release the softkeys only after the radio diagnostic display appears. See A of Figure 6-1.
Press softkey 1, labeled “Run Test,” to perform an abbreviated switch test after the initial complete test is performed. To perform the complete test a second time, simply cycle the ignition switch, that is, turn the ignition switch to OFF, and then after a delay of at least ten seconds, turn the switch back to ON while depressing and holding any two softkeys.
If, after the intial diagnostic check, any switches are found to be shorted to B+ or ground, the radio diagnostic display reports the applicable DTC and an abbreviated description. Refer to the appropriate flow chart for resolution of the problem. See B of Figure 6-1.
If no switches are found to be shorted to B+ or ground, the technician may press selected switches to verify functionality. If a switch is functioning properly, the display shows the switch name and the word “OK.” If the switch is not working correctly, then the display does not change. All switches, handlebar, passenger, and sidecar, may be tested in this manner. See C of Figure 6-1.
NOTE
If a symptom is present without a DTC, restoring the factory default settings may sometimes resolve the issue. For more information, see Section 6.5 ADVANCED AUDIO SYSTEM SYMPTOMS, FACTORY DEFAULTS.
Pressing softkey 2 displays “Speed Pulses” followed by a speed pulse value. This feature may be employed to quickly verify whether the radio is configured correctly or whether the AVC or J1850 is working properly.
To use this feature, start the motorcycle, access the radio diagnostic display, press softkey 2 to select AVC, and then walk or push the motorcycle while viewing the speed pulse value. If a value other than zero appears, then it is an indication that J1850 and AVC are working properly. If speed pulses are not present, then either the AVC needs to be reconfigured or another problem exists. Refer to DTC U1016 for resolution of the problem if the system is configured correctly. See D of Figure 6-1.
Pressing softkey 3 displays the region and other configuration data, while softkey 4 shows the software version code. See E and F of Figure 6-1.
Softkey 5 is reserved for software upgrades and prompts the technician to install the appropriate CD, while softkey 6 causes the system to exit the radio diagnostic mode and revert to the normal radio display.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:41 PM
mailman65
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harman Kardon disc errors

my radio is trying to eject a cd that is does not have and it's flashing error 1 and 46 anyone know how to fix ......... other than taking out and sending it off....... thanks to any help