Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack for my FLHT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour pack for my FLHT

Everyone, I just got my FLHT after trading in my Dyna, and really the only thing that I wanted immediately was a tour pack for the long haul, but i wanted it detachable, so here is what I came up with. Please let me know what you think.
I bought the 4-point mount was $139.99, the tour pack quick disconnect was $179.99 and then the actual tour pack was $99.00 plush shipping at $30.00. So the entire set-up minus the flat black paint which i have yet to do was $450.00. I am going to buy the lockable quick disconnects, other than that, here it is....

Attached Thumbnails Tour pack for my FLHT-tour_pack-16.jpg   Tour pack for my FLHT-tour_pack-17.jpg   Tour pack for my FLHT-tour_pack-18.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Max96
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that looks good! I got the same one, just need to find the time to mount it. Have you had a passenger sit back on it? Thats my only concern, will it hold up to someone leaning back on it.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Max96, I've had that tour pak for 5 years mounted on a HD solo detachable rack. I loaned it to a buddy (about 5'10" and 225 lbs) when we went to Sturgis and he used the TP as a backrest for most of the trip while riding interstate highways--leaning back on the TP with his feet on highway pegs and the TP was fine.

Carl

Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Thanks Max96 and Harleypingman for the responses. I have yet to have someone lean against mine, but it appears that Harleypingman has and had no problems. I have talked to another who has had his lady ride on his and he said surprisingly, she liked it with no problems. So I gues until then ..... For the price, it was hard to beat and the construction of it is really not bad at all, kinda impressed with what I paid for it.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 AM
hogrider09
Tourer

Nice bike. I thought you can order the tour back in black denim! Is that not true? Im looking at getting one soon. Does it sit back a little further for the passenger than the normal back rest? What windshield are you running?

Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Silversaint
5th Gear

I love my Tour Pak on my Road King. Some people don't like baggers but I love having the space to put my helmet, groceries, etc. I can fit in a XL Full Face AND a XL Lid at the same time. Perfect!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Max96
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Max96, I've had that tour pak for 5 years mounted on a HD solo detachable rack. I loaned it to a buddy (about 5'10" and 225 lbs) when we went to Sturgis and he used the TP as a backrest for most of the trip while riding interstate highways--leaning back on the TP with his feet on highway pegs and the TP was fine.

Carl
Good to know...

Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Mr.Biker
Intermediate
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

A buddy I ride with has the same type of tour pack on his Road Glide and the only complaint I've heard about it came from his wife. She said the pack is too small for all of her stuff on overnight rides. Other than that, it looks good and he says it holds up fine to all of her abuse.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 PM
BCStreetGlide
Advanced

What type of Tour Pack is that? Where did you order it from?

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Sorry, I have been gone for a few days....
Ok, the windshield is a Klock Werks, was on the bike when I bought it, awesome windshield.
The tour pack is by Mutazu, $99.00 plus shipping,hard to beat. see below

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...285&s=prod.php

I will be painting it with some flat black this friday.
I did use the standard HD 4-Point mount and the quick release tour pack mount. I really can not speak for how far back or close it is in comparison to a stock set up, but from the looks it is a good fit in comparison to the location of the passenger seat. Nice thing is I can always adjust the placement of it easily the way I have it mounted. With the savings from buying the HD unit, I will be getting a PC 5 tuner and then as my items from my Dyna on ebay sell, a new stereo will be coming.....

Quick Reply: Tour pack for my FLHT