Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Motto 107 report

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Motto 107 report

Monday I dropped the my 2010 ultra off at 9:00 oclock went over a few things with Jamie.
My wife followed me in the car so I took her over to the Mall and got back to the shop at about 1:00.
I ask i I could go back in the shop? Sure so I BS with Jim hile he was finishing up putting the bike back together!! I am a FORD technician by trade and since I put the big bore kit and cams In my OLD bike 2006 ultra we had a lot of common stuff to talk about!!
At just after 3:00 bike was running. After a few heat cycles they were going to put it on
the dyno a little later and break it in and he tune it. I lleft and the came back about 6:00
bike was tuned !!
104.5 HP 120 TQ
I visited with Jamie about 30 minutes
I got to say these guys are great, they will answer any question and you can talk to them just like you r best friends.
So picked the bike up next morning at 9:30 rode over to Appleton HD me and the wife picked up a couple tee shirts
So off I go, got out on the highway went up thru the gears 6th gear light on and im thinking something is WRONG it feels like its still in 5th gear!!!
So after a couple miles I realize this things has a LOT OF POWER
1 st stop was about 50 miles out then we went into madison and had lunch.
Back out on highway 151 south bound
So on 151 around platteville area there are some pretty good hills, so im in 6th gear 70 mph
Ok NOW ok I know im going up hill but this thing pulls like a TRAIN the note of the exhaust
changes a little and thats the only way you no your going up the hill.
Got on it couple times on on ramp back to highway but no real hard.
But I can tell you this thing kicks A$$$

Also my fuel mileage went up over 7 MPG
FUEL MOTTO is the real deal any body on the fence about this DO IT!!!!!

Some reason my scanner isnot working to post the dyno sheet !! Ill work on that

Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

Very nice, you gotta be happy with that!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

When I did mine, I went ahead and installed autotune and picked up around 5.5 MPG average on a trip. Just curious, did you have their headpipe installed or are those numbers with the stock headpipe? Be aware that there may be some clutch slippage. I noticed mine slipping at about 3/4 throttle in 5th gear when short shifting around 3800 to 4000 RPM's. (while enjoying the monster TQ this thing makes ) I've got a heavier clutch spring sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:54 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
When I did mine, I went ahead and installed autotune and picked up around 5.5 MPG average on a trip. Just curious, did you have their headpipe installed or are those numbers with the stock headpipe? Be aware that there may be some clutch slippage. I noticed mine slipping at about 3/4 throttle in 5th gear when short shifting around 3800 to 4000 RPM's. (while enjoying the monster TQ this thing makes ) I've got a heavier clutch spring sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.
Yes allready had There headpipe and jackpots
Havent got on it hard enough yet to slip the clutch !!!
But trust me it will happen LOL

Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrenchguy... did you do anything with your heads? The more I read about the FM107 the more I can see another $2K going in this money pit that I love :-)

Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Thumbs up Chalk another one up for Jamie and his crew..

Congrats wrenchguy ! on a what looks to be another great build. I envy you guys that are'nt that far away from Fuel Moto..." just hop on the bike and get the wifey to follow me over. You try to convince my lovely wife "it's only 1,000 miles sweety". lol. Guess I gotta start using up some sick time ? Enjoy the new ride bud...

Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 AM
wrenchguy24
Road Master

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
Wrenchguy... did you do anything with your heads? The more I read about the FM107 the more I can see another $2K going in this money pit that I love :-)

NO HEAD WORK
they do offer head worh tho
Jamie personal bike is making 130 HP with there b level heads!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by wrenchguy24
NO HEAD WORK
they do offer head worh tho
Jamie personal bike is making 130 HP with there b level heads!!!
Is that a 107 as well in his bike? Amazing amount of power he's getting out of those 107's!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
pierced5
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to hear. I am in the middle of installing my FM107 kit. Should have the pistons, cylinders and heads on tonight. I sent in a pair of heads for Level B treatment and also sent my TB to HPI for their 54mm option. Exhaust will be Bassani 2-1 RR II.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a new-guy question......... No making fun of me please as i am very sensitive.
Is a 107 mod starting as a 103 platform or a 96? Also if you don't mind how much did the upgrade cost thru Fuel Moto....

Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel Motto 107 report