Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12"ish bagger apes question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12"ish bagger apes question

ok i have done a lot of reading and looked at a lot of sick bikes with apes..what i cant seem to find is PULLBACK..

i have stock 09 Street Glide bars.. i know i wana do anywhere in the 11"-13" range but im looking for the bagger bars that will give me that height and 2in or so of more pull back...im 6ft and feel like i have to hunch forward a little more than id like...suggestions?

chris

Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

if u find em let me know too.it seems its all hieght or all pullback.wildone 575 were the closest i have found but not enough pullback.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FFHD05
ok i have done a lot of reading and looked at a lot of sick bikes with apes..what i cant seem to find is PULLBACK..

i have stock 09 Street Glide bars.. i know i wana do anywhere in the 11"-13" range but im looking for the bagger bars that will give me that height and 2in or so of more pull back...im 6ft and feel like i have to hunch forward a little more than id like...suggestions?

chris
I've been researching this also and what I've just about decided to go with is the Khrome Works Fat Apes for batwing bikes. The 300315 is 12" rise (10.02" end rise) and 10.94" pull back. Looks like the hands would possibly still be behind the fairing. This p/n is for TBW and is internally wired. They are 1-1/4 dia (1" at clamp and control ends). Here's a link to the KW spec page: http://www.khromewerks.com/handle_bars_specs.htm

Best price I've found is around $160 at Phat Performance. Just not sure if the KW quality is comparable to Wild One, Cyclesmith, etc. Any thoughts?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:28 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The 12" Outlawz I have are made by Wild Ones. They would not be the bar for you SG because they are too narrow in the middle. I can tell you that they have the same pullback as the stock bars but they are way more comfortable. Having my hands level with my armpits is the key. Another big plus is that they are fat bars drilled for internal wiring.

You should go to their site and look at the bars they offer. You can't do better than WO for quality. They have a bunch of pictures of Street Glides with apes.

Their customer service is top notch too. Give them a call and they will help you pick out the best bar for you and your bike.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will find that a lot of the bagger bars position your body more straight up. Also you can rock them back a little if you needed to. I didnt have too. I use to feel hunched over and would get some pain in my back after a couple hours of riding. After switching to the cyclesmiths, my posture is more upright and I can ride twice as long and still feel no pain. My apes really changed my riding position and to this day is the best mod I have done

Old 12-18-2010, 12:29 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe the PYO in 12" will fit your desires. I've got the 10" and it's very confortable and a badass look

Old 12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought these Santee 1.25" mini ape bars (for my 2011 LTD), which have 14" in pullback, which would be about 2.5" more than stock. I haven't put them on my bike yet, but they seem to have a little more pullback and about 4" more rise than stock.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...uId=597205&mmy=

Old 12-18-2010, 11:15 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

I've got WO 577 (listed at 12.5) on mine and have them forward as far as they will go. They are very comfortable for me at 6'. If you have T-Rex arms you could roll them back some. Could wind up punching yourself in the chest on full lock parking lot manuvers if you have them too far back tho.

Attached Thumbnails 12"ish bagger apes question-newbars3.jpg  
Old 12-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Amir
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode a street glide with 13 inch apes. Pretty stick feeling. I would consider for my new Road Glide custom if i am uncomforable with my stock handle bars..

Old 12-19-2010, 06:55 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to Hill Country Custom, They have all sizes to pick from. They have Cyclesmith and now have their own bars, which I have now. I ordered 14", but they measure 16". Which is perfect for me. When you have apes, you can make the pull back what ever you want. Just set on the bike before you clamp them down and pull them back till they are comfy for you, then clamp them down.

Quick Reply: 12"ish bagger apes question