Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Hang Around
Default Twisted Audio for Road King

I have been thinking about adding a radio to my 2002 Road King. I am trying to decide between the "twisted audio" radio for $600 or a "dragon fly" fairing at $1425 plus painting at $525 more. Anyone have the twisted audio radio? I've seen a few youtube reviews and it seems pretty nice. Is it loud enough when on the expressway?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Hang Around

I own a 2009 fatboy and in the same situation looking for tunes.I was going to purchase the chrome on chrome handlebar speakers until I came across the twisted Audio site.The problem is I don't want to purchase it until i see some reviews but unfortunately cant seem to find any being that is such a new company.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Whooo wee those things are homely lookin.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Senior Rider

No pictures from the front of the bike? Id like to see how it looks from that angle!!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
One Of The Regulars
Default RE: twisted audio

I looked at those myself. Besides the look, which IMO does nothing for the bike, it doesn't work for me because it is a radio with MP3 capabilities. I remember when I had my Ultra that the bulk of my time was listening to my MP3 player hooked up to the HK unit cranking out my own tunes. I really never listened to the radio.
I am going with the Harley Boom windshield mount unit hooked up to my Iphone in the tank pouch. At $319.00 from LSHD I can download a lot of Itunes and listen to the songs I like and not have to listen to advertising. From what I have read the Boom windshield mount system gets good reviews as far as the sound, and IMO looks a lot nicer.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM

P