Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Can't Decide on a Bike, Harley or Victory

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...r-victory.html

ISSUE

Can’t decide between an Harley Davidson Road Glide vs a Victory Cross Country bike. This thread is asking the forum for opinions and discussion about the differences between the two bikes.

While both bikes are good bikes for Cross Country trips, the main issue with Victory bikes is it being hard to find a dealer for servicing.
Print Wikipost

Can't decide on a bike, harley or victory

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:21 AM
BigBlock1969
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is this: my buddy owns an Indian (Victory / Polaris) and he has to drive almost 2 hours to get to the dealer for factory service. I can drive an hour in almost any direction and be at any number of Harley Dealerships (the closest being 20 minutes away).

Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlock1969
All I can say is this: my buddy owns an Indian (Victory / Polaris) and he has to drive almost 2 hours to get to the dealer for factory service. I can drive an hour in almost any direction and be at any number of Harley Dealerships (the closest being 20 minutes away).
This has a lot to do with where you live. I'm fortunate enough to have many brands within 30 minutes of me. Harley, Indian, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Polaris. You name it, it's close by. But I sure as hell didn't buy a Yamaha based on dealer network. If you have to buy based on factory service proximity you may really want to reconsider what brand you are riding and it's reliability.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlock1969
I rode metric for 40 years and the thought of needing service never crossed my mind when deciding what I wanted to buy/ride.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:32 PM
04Hali
Road Warrior
Received 243 Likes on 164 Posts

Didn't read all the posts so someone may have said this. The transmissions on the Victory CC that I have ridden were very clunky and sounded like a box of rocks, make HD feel/sound smooth. Go over to some of the Victory forums and you'll see this is a common complaint. And contrary to popular belief they do have their problems.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know what to tell you, I do ride a lot with a friend that has a Cross Country and although he seems to like the bike, he keeps saying how much he wants a new Street Glide. Our local dealer has three of them that were traded in on the new Rushmore models, if that is any indication.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 PM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
I rode metric for 40 years and the thought of needing service never crossed my mind when deciding what I wanted to buy/ride.
In my area and most areas I know its really easy to find service for a metric, as well as with Harley.
But you may change your mind, as in my case, when you are thinking about a new or almost new Victory and the only dealer near you looks like they sell bikes as an afterthought to the ATVs etc. You may feel really stuck if a service issue or warranty issue comes up with no place else to go.
Im not knocking Vics at all but in the case for me, I would rather have a metric then a Vic because of that issue.... as a side note ... I NEVER TEST RODE A BIKE I BOUGHT NOR TEST RODE A MODEL OF THE MANUFACTURER of the bike I bought!

Last edited by alarmdoug; 01-29-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:05 PM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Hali
Didn't read all the posts so someone may have said this. The transmissions on the Victory CC that I have ridden were very clunky and sounded like a box of rocks, make HD feel/sound smooth. Go over to some of the Victory forums and you'll see this is a common complaint. And contrary to popular belief they do have their problems.
Yes, they do have their share of issues at times/problems. We dont hear about it as often unless you go to their forums and keep in mind, their are 1000s more Harleys for every Vic so of course you will hear more Harley stories.

Im sure most in here know, Harley sells more cruisers over 600 cc in the USA then ALL other bike makers combined, pretty impressive.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:03 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
Same here.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

To be honest, i think its funny to come here , a HD site, and ask that question, or really any site, i would think you would have to research, and ride each one your interested in, and make personal, educated decision. No slamming intended, good luck with what ya decide

Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 AM
hdmotorc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victory is a great motorcycle. Harley Davidson is a lifestyle and a pretty bad a$$ bike.

Quick Reply: Can't decide on a bike, harley or victory