Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedona Orange Paint Availability

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rdb1976
Another issue with the Sedona Orange is that no 2 mixes matched each other or any other batch exactly. There were many complaints from service departments that a job as easy as repainting a saddle bag turned into repainting most of the bike because the paint jobs didn't match.
exactly this what happen to me i just got off the phone with carson city harley u can still get it for $160.00 a quart $200.00 with the hardner i used a universal hardner and it worked fine and i used dupont clear. color sanded it and it did help lightened up to where it doesnt look so bad a painters eye will see though.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I ordered 1 qt of sedona orange from my dealer , got it in 1 week , under $200 like Rick said , I ordered a Tuxedo Black Ford in first part of April and took delivery 5/28 , a week after I ordered it my sales rep sent me a memo from Ford saying they could fill current orders but could not take any new orders for this color because the pigment was made in Japan and the plant that produced it was currently not operating

Last edited by tj316; 07-13-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Coach1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a Sedona Orange replacement fender due to a parking lot incident, received it in 3 days, so I'm sure the warehouse is well stocked with parts in this color.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:08 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Coach1
Ordered a Sedona Orange replacement fender due to a parking lot incident, received it in 3 days, so I'm sure the warehouse is well stocked with parts in this color.
talking about buying the paint not the parts.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:27 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

There's a link in here somewhere to a news article about the Japan earthquake and 1 supply factory that was damaged. Was supposed to be back up and running in about 6 months. I think it's the flake they produce.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 PM
RADLINE
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM
BUSHRATLO
Novice

Just painted the in fairing on street glide and used a 2010 - 2011 dodge RT orange color and it matched great

Attached Thumbnails Sedona Orange Paint Availability-imag1924.jpg   Sedona Orange Paint Availability-imag1899.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Coach1
Tourer

Originally Posted by roadgliderick
talking about buying the paint not the parts.
I realize the question was about paint. Only mentioned the availability of Sedona Orange painted parts as an alternative. In my case, repairing the fender, matching the paint, cost was a wash to simply ordering exact color in inventory. I also agree finding a matching paint can't be that big a issue.

Last edited by Coach1; 07-15-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

There was a Street Rod show here last month and one of the vendors was PPG (with the prettiest tractor trailer you'll ever see). Anyway, I spoke with them about the problem described here. He said there were certain chemicals in the paint that are in short supply and not necessarily just Sedona Orange (its affecting lots of other paints). The Japanese factory wasn't damaged but it lies within 8-miles of the nuclear plant and production was stopped on everything. Long story-short, the PPG vendor says that HD treats their paint codes as proprietary and won't share them with paint shops. But, with the technology available these days he said that it wouldn't be hard for a shop to match the paint and mix it up for customers...probably at prices much lower than if you bought direct from HD.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 AM
PGDredd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been waiting for my Sedona Orange paint to show up to do my inner fairing. The first place my painter ordered it from said it's in very short supply and they have not been able to get it.

Then he called the dealer I bought my bike from and was able to order a quart for well under $200...(I am only paying his cost), but that was a little over a week ago and the paint has not shown up yet.....

Hope it's here in the next few days, I wanna do my inner!

Quick Reply: Sedona Orange Paint Availability