Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best speaker upgrade for stock stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Gear Up Motorsports
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J&M corp makes an amazing 7.25" upgrade speaker kit for the RoadGlide. It does not need a separate amp and have great mid/high frequency range and bass. They are plug-in-play and fit right into the fairing like the factory ones do. They retail at $249 but we sell them for $210 shipped. You can see pics at http://jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?...252GTM-C&PF=44. They come with black or chrome grill on the tweeter. They sound awesome! Let me know if you are interested or have questions. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the J&M 7.25's and to be honest I am not that impressed with them. I bought them because they claimed to be a big improvement over stock without adding an amp. I really dont see it. Maybe with the amp they are a lot better but I can only speak from my experience without. This is my opinion so no need to bash if you are happy with your 7.25's.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gear Up Motorsports
J&M corp makes an amazing 7.25" upgrade speaker kit for the RoadGlide. It does not need a separate amp and have great mid/high frequency range and bass. They are plug-in-play and fit right into the fairing like the factory ones do. They retail at $249 but we sell them for $210 shipped. You can see pics at http://jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?...252GTM-C&PF=44. They come with black or chrome grill on the tweeter. They sound awesome! Let me know if you are interested or have questions. Thanks.
Probably should become a vendor on the forums before you try to start selling products on here. There are a lot of very good vendors that pay to be here already selling these speakers for very good prices.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

I also have J&M's 7.25 upgrade and am also not impressed. If you want them though you can get them from a forum supporter Phat Performance for $190 shipped. Just use HDFORUMS as your discount code at checkout.

I've got some Hogtunes less than two months old I'll sell for $50. PM me if interested.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,632 Posts

I'd have to say it's a coin toss between J&M, Hogtunes & Boom...I went w/Hogtunes for under $100 & they're 100x better than stock (w/no amp). Either way - you can't go wrong...

Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 PM
newbietroller
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was looking for the exact same thing as the original poster. I wanted better sound, no amp, and didn't want to break the bank. I looked at hog tunes, j&m 7.25, and HD boom audio speakers. I bought the Boom audios and purchased the j&m fairings pads. Great sound. I'm totally happy.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 PM
xglide06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put in the jm 7.25's and the amp. They are very loud and clear. I wish the bass was better, but with that small a speaker I don't think it's realistically possible. Can hear clear at full volume, but you don't really need it, even at 80+ mph. for the cost of the amp and speakers I think the results are good, but you really need an amp if you want more/louder sound. I previously had the hogtunes (no ampl) which were a big improvement over stock.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:01 PM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hogtunes. Sound much better than stock. Under 100 on ebay. New magnet configuration. Easy install. I bought 2 just to see how they sounded with just stock head unit. Not bad. Waiting on a better setup to show up.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:02 PM
rhj
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just installed the J&M 7.25's today on my 2010 Street glide. I only changed the speakers and have only had one test ride but I can really hear the difference. There is much better base and midrange. I know we can't get great bass from that size speaker but it's definitly better. Great instructions and with help on the forum about batwing removal the install was very smooth. Found them on the web for $212 with free shipping. Very happy so far, will give it a better test tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:31 PM
ctso030
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with hertz 6.5, you need the adapter rings. i had hog tunes they arent even close. if you are running an amp better go with a high end speaker. the hertz sound and perform great with or without an amp.

Quick Reply: What is the best speaker upgrade for stock stereo