Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydraulic lift/table

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:04 PM
phattey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic lift/table

Over the years I've had several different brands of hydraulic bike lifts...like Sears or the Harbor Freight...love 'em. Easy to move around and always, knock on wood, hold my bikes perfectly.

However, I've been thinking about a table to have also. I'll do some things on the lift like wash it and some maintenance, but a table would be great for times when I'm doing cams or anything that requires a little more stability.

So, anyone have any recommendations they can share..? Like brand..or gotcha's...most I see you can use air or not...I do have a big a$$ compressor so that'll most likely be my choice, but even those have a foot pump too.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought one a couple years ago from Derek Weaver. It works pretty well. No issues yet.
http://www.derekweaver.com/update/Pr...duct.aspx?id=1

Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya. I started with a J&S jack that I got some time ago. When I added the RK to my collection a couple of years ago, I decided to add a lift table. Here's a link that describes the table I got. However, I bought mine from a local supplier here in the Puget Sound area. I've had nothing but great service from my table lift (J&S jack is awesome also). I'm really glad I decided on the TCMLW because of it's front, rear and side extensions. The TCMLW also comes with a service scissor jack. A table lift can be real nice to have if you've got the room (like I do) to leave it setup in one spot. You're likely to get some input on table lifts that are more spendy, but again this one has served flawlessly for me.

http://www.completehydraulic.com/lif...cle-tcmlw.html

Last edited by brunosrk; 07-31-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add jack
Old 07-31-2011, 04:17 PM
streetglide44
Road Captain

Titan 1500xlt from Excel. 4 casters to move around, or raise up for stationary position. 47" raised height, extended sides for larger vehicles Atv, side x sides, riding lawnmowers. Extended length for longer bikes, drop out rear panel for tire replacement, or roller plate for rotation of tire easily. Hydraulic and pneumatic controls included. Rear tower bars for lifting bikes by the swing arm too low for center jack. I bought mine last October at Daytona bikefest, best investment ever. Price was $1015. Almost went with Handy or the TCMCL, I just felt like I got a lot more for my money.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 308 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by brunosrk
I hear ya. I started with a J&S jack that I got some time ago. When I added the RK to my collection a couple of years ago, I decided to add a lift table. Here's a link that describes the table I got. However, I bought mine from a local supplier here in the Puget Sound area. I've had nothing but great service from my table lift (J&S jack is awesome also). I'm really glad I decided on the TCMLW because of it's front, rear and side extensions. The TCMLW also comes with a service scissor jack. A table lift can be real nice to have if you've got the room (like I do) to leave it setup in one spot. You're likely to get some input on table lifts that are more spendy, but again this one has served flawlessly for me.

http://www.completehydraulic.com/lif...cle-tcmlw.html
I also have this lift. I like it very much. I'd rate it as better built than the 3 or 4 other brands I looked at in the same price range.
Handy lifts are (were) pretty much the standard in every bike shop around here. They are very well built, and at the time I was looking were quite a bit more expensive. I think they had shut down at one point, but they may still be in business.

Her's one that I found out about after I bought mine. May be worth checking out.
http://www.klsupply.com/

Old 07-31-2011, 05:54 PM
warlock1944
Stage III
Talking Harbor Freight

Got one from Harbor Freight at a great price. Nothing fancy but does the job. I use it for FLSTK and a FLSTS. Price was very right and it works good for a casual mechanic.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:45 PM
garyloos
Intermediate

I purchased the one from Harbor Freight and have used it a lot and have had no trouble with it. It has foot pedal and raises with air pressure.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:52 PM
medic1555
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sold my Handy lift table for $700. It was well constructed and very easy to use. Mine was air operated but they have an electric model too. Here is their web site: http://www.handyindustries.com/

Old 07-31-2011, 07:58 PM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Handy and the comparable models are the best and most heavy duty , have the air hydralic harbor freight one and for the money have been pretty satisfied, few mods to the front wheel vise and a little re enforment of some areas for the big bikes but overall really happy with it for the price

Old 07-31-2011, 08:01 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I think I got the best of both worlds...... I have a Pit Bull Jack for changing tires, washing and detailing...... For service work I have the Handy Lift Table. Both work great.... no problems, rock solid. Yes you can go cheaper, but why would you want to ????

Be Safe JIM

Quick Reply: Hydraulic lift/table