Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRC Creations Quick Detach Tourpak Mount....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Hate to hear of your trouble and hope Nick at MB can help you out.

I've had one purchased from Nick a couple of years ago and it's shown no evidence of problems over 2K miles loaded for long trips.

When it's convenient, post some pictures of the rack failure points; apparently both sides failed at or about the same time.

Carl

Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick seems like a really nice guy.. He got kind of caught in the middle of this.. Brian Ratkos owned BRC Creations, he sold the product / company to Nick... I purchased the product directly from BRC Creations on eBay...

Brian claims he has NEVER heard of a failure, I already have evidence from others that failures have occurred. Brian refuses to give me a refund for a faulty product, stating that I purchased the product from BRC Creations, NOT HIM and that the company no longer exists.

Although he is still doing transactions on eBay with the ID I purchased it from...

So.. I am not flaming Milwaukee Baggers or Nick.. He seems like a standup guy... So far my dealings with Brian Ratkos have been far from satisfactory. While he may be legally correct if his LLC is indeed defunct, he should stand behind his product that HE profited from.

He is lucky this is a simple component failure. If my girlfriend had been on the bike and got injured I'd be driving to Michigan right now.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:26 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
I built my own detach rack thats similar to that one but uses steel mounts in front in the stock location. 2k miles in the last month packed full of stuff and no signs of any problems.
You ought to start making kits!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently Ratkos is hooked up tight with Nick at MB in this 2011 vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvj0w_pdY5I

Last edited by 131tman; 08-01-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Lawnboy
Cruiser

Any updates from Milwaukee Bagger on this situation? Mine is still sitting in the garage, not pushing the paint guy, still leary on using this item and I think I would have a problem trying to sell it to someone else knowing it could fail.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:05 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
Any updates from Milwaukee Bagger on this situation? Mine is still sitting in the garage, not pushing the paint guy, still leary on using this item and I think I would have a problem trying to sell it to someone else knowing it could fail.
I got reimbursed. Milwaukee Baggers is a standup shop. They didn't make the mount and they saw to it that everything was settled to my satisfaction. I am running the Harley Quick Detach kit now and I am confident that my tourpak is securely mounted. I would not run this mount if you paid me. Look at the front mounting tabs on the mount, look at the metal that is at the end of what is basically a lever. It's just not strong enough.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Lawnboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
I got reimbursed. Milwaukee Baggers is a standup shop. They didn't make the mount and they saw to it that everything was settled to my satisfaction. I am running the Harley Quick Detach kit now and I am confident that my tourpak is securely mounted. I would not run this mount if you paid me. Look at the front mounting tabs on the mount, look at the metal that is at the end of what is basically a lever. It's just not strong enough.
I agree with you, I thought about that when I bought it......but I wanted the sleek look without those hoops. I just sent Nick an email and I will see what he says. Even if he doesnt want to send my money back, Ill take a credit, I always need something for the bike.....

I also looked at the FBI mount, and it seems it is just like the milwaukee one....may have to research the FBI mount.

Last edited by Lawnboy; 08-20-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 08-20-2011, 06:40 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
I agree with you, I thought about that when I bought it......but I wanted the sleek look without those hoops. I just sent Nick an email and I will see what he says. Even if he doesnt want to send my money back, Ill take a credit, I always need something for the bike.....

I also looked at the FBI mount, and it seems it is just like the milwaukee one....may have to research the FBI mount.
It was Brian of BRC Creations who I purchased my mount from and Brian who reimbursed me after Nick talked to him.

Nick was a great guy even though I drug him in to the mess and I can't thank him enough for being a standup fellow.

If you really want to run that mount, I'd find some way to reinforce it, otherwise be VERY careful how much you put in it and who you let lean up against it... Might be a good way to get rid of an unwanted passenger

I really didn't care for the hoops, but I will be keeping the tourpak on my bike most of the time, so you can't really see them anyway.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:46 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put one on this spring ...have used it only 3 times with my wife on the back...no problems yet...i quess i had better get it off the bike before something does go wrong ( i have the king t.p. on it ). where was your pack mounted on the frame ....at the back of the holes ? i have mine mounted where the t.p. is flush with the front of the frame. i had been thinking about moving it foreward more because of this worry

Old 08-21-2011, 08:04 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Hate to say it, but I never thought that mount looked structurally sound. Way too much leverage put on the forward mounts. Thank god you didn't loose a passenger because of it. Perhaps theres a good reason why HD designed there's the way they did? I sure hope everyone who has one of those sees this post.

Quick Reply: BRC Creations Quick Detach Tourpak Mount....