Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar problem...HELP!!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Twrguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebar problem...HELP!!

I am in the process of adding Wildone 508 Bars to my RKC. Everything is apart but I can not figure out how to get those FREAKIN pins out of the wire harness connectors for the switch housings.,. I have to remove the connectors to wire internally. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Last edited by Twrguy; 08-02-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

get a medium to large paper clip and use it as a molex tool. You push it in and the wire come right out.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Twrguy
Cruiser

Ive tried that, but it won't release. Where should I be putting the paper clip,..which hole??

Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,944 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Did you unlock the plate in the middle first?

Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

I will try to help...If you will look in the connector where the pins are there are 2 slots close to the center of the plug...get some hemostats or small needle nose pliers and gently pull outward on it...It won't move much after you have done that you have unlocked the connector...If you will notice there is a small hole under each pin...You need to find something about the size of the hole...I think a straight pin would be too small...Perhaps a real small drill bit...insert it in the hole and push while gently tugging on the wire you are trying to remove repeat for each wire...If you will notice there are numbers on each corner of the connectors backside...Be sure to note where each wire goes...I hope I haven't totally confused you...Good Luck.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:58 PM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Twrguy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
I will try to help...If you will look in the connector where the pins are there are 2 slots close to the center of the plug...get some hemostats or small needle nose pliers and gently pull outward on it...It won't move much after you have done that you have unlocked the connector...If you will notice there is a small hole under each pin...You need to find something about the size of the hole...I think a straight pin would be too small...Perhaps a real small drill bit...insert it in the hole and push while gently tugging on the wire you are trying to remove repeat for each wire...If you will notice there are numbers on each corner of the connectors backside...Be sure to note where each wire goes...I hope I haven't totally confused you...Good Luck.
Got it!! Thanks guys...once again. Once you get one the rest are easy!! I will post pics of the new bars when I'm done!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Too Short
Cruiser
Default pins

Take a hook tool and pull out the plastic connector that separates the pins. Once that is done you can access the the clips that hold the pins in. It will take some force, just pull evenly and I assure you it will come out. I just put the 12 1/2" Chubby's on my Roadie end of last week.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Twrguy
Cruiser

I was under the impression stock wiring would work with 508s on the RKC.. The way it looks right now the wires are way short...WTF?? Can't wire externally cause there is not a recess for the wire like on the stock bars. Anyone put the Wildones on RKC and used stock wires??

Last edited by Twrguy; 08-02-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,944 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Do you mean 508's?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Handlebar problem...HELP!!