Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a Speaker or Amp Debate, promise

Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not a Speaker or Amp Debate, promise

I have been looking all over the forum and can't find where people buy their Arc Audio Amps. I saw the post about buying thru ebay but wonder what other supplies I will need. Would like to get the amp and a kit to make it dummy proof. Obviously, would like to get it as cheap as possible

Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM
HDFFR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-03-2012, 06:50 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

sometimes buying the amp and kit together is cheaper(although the amp may be priced higher).

Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is from the Arc web site. You can get them cheaper from places like ebay but you should at least be aware of this.

ARC AUDIO DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY FORM OF THIRD PARTY ONLINE SALES!!!! THERE IS NO AUTHORIZED ONLINE RETAILERS FOR ARC AUDIO OF ANY KIND!!!!!

The only authorized place online to purchase ARC Audio products is thru the ARC Audio online store at WWW.ARCAUDIO.COM.
In our continued commitments to our customers and dealers alike Arc Audio does not have ANY authorized Third Party online or internet retailers!
Arc Audio does not authorize the purchase of any Arc Audio brand of speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers or processors from ANY online retail or EBay store except thru the ARC Audio online retail store located at WWW.ARCAUDIO.Com. Products not purchased through an Arc Audio authorized brick and mortar store front location or thru our online dealer fulfillment store at WWW.ARCAUDIO.COM will not be covered by Arc Audio under warranty and will not be repaired or replaced without applicable charges to the customer.

Just because a website, EBay auction a person on the other end of the phone has product on their site or on a forum or they say they are authorized does not mean they are an authorized Arc Audio Dealer.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:50 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

According the ARC site it would cost you $329 to purchase the 125X2 from them. I assume they will add shipping on to that. Consider the J&M ROKKER amp (built by ARC) and you can buy it from authorized sellers on EBAY for $349 and it includes and complete plug and play set up with mounting brackets either for the Road Glide or Street Glide. That is what I ended up doing. You can get the ARC for less but you run a risk if warranty work needs to be done. J&M has been top notch in terms of warranty service.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brandss
I have been looking all over the forum and can't find where people buy their Arc Audio Amps. I saw the post about buying thru ebay but wonder what other supplies I will need. Would like to get the amp and a kit to make it dummy proof. Obviously, would like to get it as cheap as possible

Give Wayne aka Firecap a call @ 405-206-0831 he is a Arc dealer and a great guy that will give you everything you need to have a great sound. I used him a few years back with an Arc system, he walked me through everything from start to finish and saved me a bundle. jd

Old 03-03-2012, 10:52 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks all, this forum is the best. I am new but have learned so much. I hope at some point I can return the favors.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:56 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

I have purchased Arc amps from all kinds of sources, two times I the last six years I have had to have amps serviced, neither time was I asked for a receipt or place of purchase. By it from Robert on eBay and don't get it wet by washing your fairing with a hose... You'll be fine.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 PM
rk62
Cruiser

I got mine through forum member Firecap501 too a couple of years ago. I'm very pleased with it. Wayne is a great guy to deal with and can answer any questions you may have during installation. He also provides a set of resistors in his installation kit that is supposed to improve amp performance. I don't think other dealers are doing that.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I spoke with Wayne and he is a real good guy. I'm planning to buy the MPAK 6 from him. Arc Audio also holds him in high regard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not a Speaker or Amp Debate, promise