Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need more room for passenger, Extended Backrest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Need more room for passenger, Extended Backrest?

I added a TallBoy seat which moves me back a couple inches, which helps me, but the wife is a little cramped.

I can't find anything in the P&A Catalog from Harley, but is anyone aware of an aftermarket Backrest that will fit a 2009-up Touring bike that gives the passenger a little more room?

I saw somewhere on here that someone made an extended Backrest for the older bikes, but it didn't fit the newer models.

Otherwise, it's off to the welder, I think there's a way to cut the Upright bar and modify it.

Don't know why Harley doesn't make something like this, I think they would sell the Dog-Sh*t out of them.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

This is what I used for the exact problem you have. Worked good with one flaw. If you go to the instalation instructions and look at picture #6 those clamp toggles flop down with vibration. I replaced the toggles with a chrome allen head bolt. We did not slide it back and forth much any way. But when I do it is just a 1/2 turn to the bolts and slide and retighten.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/390...-Pak-Relocator

There is another guy on the forum that is making a kit that I believe is cheaper and has gotten very high reviews. To do over again I would probably go with his kit. If you dont need to adjust as his is a bolt in place unit. Check out this thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...relocator.html

Old 08-13-2011, 08:58 AM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 348 Likes on 157 Posts

The low profile backrest pad is a little bit thinner. I have that on my SG.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...5&default=none

Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Cme2c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he's looking to relocate a sissybar backrest, not a tourpak backrest.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Cme2c
I think he's looking to relocate a sissybar backrest, not a tourpak backrest.
Yea, thanks guys, I should have been more clear, I need to move the Sissy Bar Backrest farther Back. I've taken the Tour pak off.

I think my only options are to do some cutting and fab work and then re-chroming, but I thought I would ask here first just to make sure there wasn't some product out there I was unaware of.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Tripp_HPjunkie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Yea, thanks guys, I should have been more clear, I need to move the Sissy Bar Backrest farther Back. I've taken the Tour pak off.

I think my only options are to do some cutting and fab work and then re-chroming, but I thought I would ask here first just to make sure there wasn't some product out there I was unaware of.
I have been looking for the same thing for awhile and havent found anything too move the upright back.......maybe its going to have to be a custom part............