Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Default woods 555s or cyclerama 575 differance in power

does anyone know how big of a differance the cycleramas 575 vs woods 555s cams i want to change my woods cams for some better cams and i have heard alot about cycleramas and kuryakyn wild things cams any ideas and i do not want to use 255s. thanks in advance.
Rick
2011 fltrx sedona orange here we go again. c&c solo seat,stratum collection timer cover derby cover and a/c cover,oil bud oil cooler, trueduals thunder header slip ons,alpine cda 105 head unit,alpine pdx 2150 digital amp, and type r fairing speakers. carlini eval apes 17 inches. thundermax TBW, cool sac grips, chrome harley controls, ness big sucker stage 1 with woods 555s and fuelmoto adjustable rods wheels by sinister 21 in front 18 rear.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

hey Rick , I am running the Cycle Rama CR-575 , the thing I like about them compared to the woods are 1 - they are quieter & 2 - the power hits about 2500 rpm's , my bike compared to friends running the woods is the power hits sooner not that it makes more power , good luck
Tim J ,2011 FLTRX 103 , T Man 600 cams, Zippers Air Cleaner, Dragula Pipe, Baisley Heads , TTS Mastertuner, Hawg-Wired 4 in the face amp and 4 speakers, BR Sweeping Beaters Bars, Ohlins #6 shocks / Ohlins forks, C & C solo seat, passenger pillion & backrest & fender bib, Dakota Digital Gauges , Motorcycle Metals HID Head Lights, Skull Air Cleaner & Skull Air Horn ,Brukus Saddlebag,Seat & Fender Secure,True-Track Stabilizer , Jagg Fan Assisted 10 row oil cooler ,and so much more
Old 08-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Senior Rider

subscribe

2011 Black Denim Road Glide 103
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Hang Around

Rick,

Instead of cams, why not the 107 kit. That's the way I am headed this winter. Bike is looking good. ? Did you put extended bags on.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Club Member
Default So many diferent answers to this question

With just the cams and no head work the differences will be minimal..maybe a slight difference in where the power hits at, a little different sounding idle.. for the most part..the stock heads will only flow, on a good day .520. So the differences lie in, all the multitude of other events of the camset. Now headwork with the specific camset in mind would produce vastly different results..Very hard to beat the Woods Cams including the 555 with an otherwise stock motor. However if your plan is to build on the choice later on; go for it. Do your homework before you choose and the results will please you.. Nothing worse than mismatched components

Last edited by scooter_trash_1; 08-16-2011 at 09:08 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadgliderick View Post
does anyone know how big of a differance the cycleramas 575 vs woods 555s cams i want to change my woods cams for some better cams and i have heard alot about cycleramas and kuryakyn wild things cams any ideas and i do not want to use 255s. thanks in advance.
Rick
PM me if you decide to sell the 555's, I'll take them off your hands.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowglidin View Post
Rick,

Instead of cams, why not the 107 kit. That's the way I am headed this winter. Bike is looking good. ? Did you put extended bags on.
what 107 kit r u going with fuel moto? yes i just put them on about 3 months ago. if i go with the 107 i want the hell raiser by fuel moto but for now i just thought there might be something better with a little more poop.
2011 fltrx sedona orange here we go again. c&c solo seat,stratum collection timer cover derby cover and a/c cover,oil bud oil cooler, trueduals thunder header slip ons,alpine cda 105 head unit,alpine pdx 2150 digital amp, and type r fairing speakers. carlini eval apes 17 inches. thundermax TBW, cool sac grips, chrome harley controls, ness big sucker stage 1 with woods 555s and fuelmoto adjustable rods wheels by sinister 21 in front 18 rear.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Club Member
Send a message via MSN to Garcou

I wouldnt waste the money or time Rick, get the 107 kit, you won't be sorry!
2010 FLTRX | Axtell 107 W/10.6-1 Compression | Pro Street Heads by Deweys | TMAN 590 cams | S&S Roller Rockers | Woods Directional Lifters | Revolution Performance EMS | D&D Boss Fatcat | Alpine IDA-305S head unit | Boston Acoustics Pro SE 60 Speakers | Alpine PDX 2.150 amp | PY OEM Monkey Bars | Various chrome and Black bits

"I've Got A Cobra Snake As A Necktie"
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcou View Post
I wouldnt waste the money or time Rick, get the 107 kit, you won't be sorry!

well well whats going stranger? what have u been up to still working late hours?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadgliderick View Post
Rick
Better cams than Woods?? Lol!! Give us some more info on your current build? You have head work??what kind of compression are you running with the Woods cams?? His cams like compression,ask me how i know.I gained about 10hp & about 6 lbs of tq with his cams.Your headwork & comp have to be right & then the Woods hit hard!!!!
Darkhorse stroker crank,balanced,plugged &,welded;
Woods A/C kit,Lifters,& TW-68G Gear Drive Cams;
HPI High flow Inj,HD Big Bore 58mm TBW,& D&D Boarzilla;
Lenale Cooling Fan,Jagg 10 row oil cooler,& K&P oil filter !!!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:35 AM

P

Tags
107, 555, 575, cam, cams, cr, cr575, cycle, cyclerama, harley, hq, rama, sale, tw6, woods