Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resetting the ECM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM
klemay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you couldn't "reset" the ECM, that the Stealer is the only ones that could do it because it has to be done by a "flash" or by computer?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
DvlDogBkr
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

HD stealership will tell you they have to "Flash" the computer to reset it, but thanks to a fellow HDF poster we have instructions on how to do it ourselves. I used these instructions last night to install a new TSM switching form a TSSM so I had to get the computer to forget the security system that was locked!
You will need a battery charger to do this as the process takes 30 min with the ignition on and the bike not running.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engine...ml#post7910911

The following users liked this post:
Corkyspeoria (07-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:22 PM

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...ml#post7910911

This is the correct link for what DvlDogBkr was talking about

The following users liked this post:
Corkyspeoria (07-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
DvlDogBkr
Advanced

Thanks Rev Dizzle!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 PM
klemay
Cruiser

So not only does this dump your security system, but this also "flashes" your ECM to it's original state, say,before it was married to a SERT?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:30 PM
DvlDogBkr
Advanced
Default Flash the ECM

Originally Posted by klemay
So not only does this dump your security system, but this also "flashes" your ECM to it's original state, say,before it was married to a SERT?
It will only dump the security if you've replaced your TSSM, it relearns all the electronics that are plugged in. If you take your SERT off and do this operation than yes it would forget it.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavy D
Thing is that, there are no tuner shops anywhere near here. There is a Harley dealer 20 min across the border in Caribou Maine, that's it. I wouldn't know the first thing about setting a fuel processor, so I figured I'd hop over to the HD shop in Caribou and get the download on the stock ECM.

I also heard about some units being pre-programmed for your particular application, but other than working around the battery area, I would be comfortable lifting the tank and such. Tried it once on my 05 Nomad, and ended up kinking the fuel line and shorting another wire.
That's how I got mine, pre-mapped to a stage 1 setup from Fuel Moto. Didn't need to touch the tank or have a tuner dyno the bike. It ran great. I had to tweak the timing some cuz of some pinging I had but that wouldn't apply here.....If I can do it so can you. When you have a PCV question you start a thread, I know if I can help I will respond.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:15 AM
HOTROD1300
Intermediate
Default Getting factory tune in the bike

Hey guys I have a 2007 street glide I think the download is bad and has to much enrichment in it at start up and only gets 30 mpg .I bought this bike used and want to put fuelmoto tuner on it ,how do I get the stock map in it so I can do that
the bike has stage 1 cams and se air cleaner and rush slipons
thanks
ROD

Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 AM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HOTROD1300
Hey guys I have a 2007 street glide I think the download is bad and has to much enrichment in it at start up and only gets 30 mpg .I bought this bike used and want to put fuelmoto tuner on it ,how do I get the stock map in it so I can do that
the bike has stage 1 cams and se air cleaner and rush slipons
thanks
ROD
Dealer

What tuner? If its a PV, FM can probably supply it as well. Maybe someone on the forum has one as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited by 12hdrk; 01-02-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:19 AM
HOTROD1300
Intermediate

I was told by the guy I bought the bike from that harley did stage 1 download. I call the dealer to find out what had been done to the bike , cams air cleaner exhaust and download. They blew me off so I really don't know what I have I do know it has no tuner installed on it.
That's why I wanted ECM set to stock and go from there

Quick Reply: Resetting the ECM?