Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the Ultimate Pet Carrier?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Chris Creole
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always thought that this was the ulimate multi-use trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dSK_5lxioE

Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
I saw this in Sturgis...
You know a guy could sell those, really those would sell.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I vote for the Bushtec..I'm sure expensive....wonder of they could retro fit the lid on my Roadstar Bushtec?

Old 12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased and modified my Tour Pack primarily for the purpose of carrying our dog, Ruby. I simply cut open the top lid, put door edge guards on the cut edges, put a heavy carpet inside and a short leash for her harness. She seems quite comfy in it and whenever I go on my bike for a ride, she seems eager to want to go.

When I'm not using it for carrying her, I fabbed an aluminum cover that bolts up over the hole; it keep my goods secure and weather tight.

The Doggles keep her eyes from drying out in the wind... but she's pretty good at taking them off...

On my wife's Deluxe, I just purchased the Kuryakyn Pet Palace and a detachable two-up rack. It's large enough to be comfy, perfectly sized for airports too. It has plenty of vents that can be opened in warm weather. It also has external pockets for all of your dog's needs. There's a short leash on the side inside, but I plan on putting one on the bottom, so that she won't be able to stick more than her head & front paws out.
The biggest drawback if you get one, are the supplied straps; they're plastic and too weak to be dependable. I did a trial run with a 15lb bag of rice and one strap broke on a turn when the weight shifted. I caught it in time, but if my dog was in there, she could have been hurt. I plan on bolting it down to the rack, which of course makes it impossible to travel by air... I've got to rigg something...

Last edited by funnythebunny; 12-04-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 AM
FBFletch
Road Master

Originally Posted by Casper
I vote for the Bushtec..I'm sure expensive....wonder of they could retro fit the lid on my Roadstar Bushtec?
They could probably retrofit your lid. But, I think the drop tailgate is a nice feature too. And, it's optional. I think the Tow-Tow without the drop tailgate starts at $2695 while the version with the drop tailgate starts at $3695.

That's a lot to pay for a trailer. But, at least it has an insert for the lid when you're not hauling your dog to make it dual use.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by FBFletch
They could probably retrofit your lid. But, I think the drop tailgate is a nice feature too. And, it's optional. I think the Tow-Tow without the drop tailgate starts at $2695 while the version with the drop tailgate starts at $3695.

That's a lot to pay for a trailer. But, at least it has an insert for the lid when you're not hauling your dog to make it dual use.
I don't need the drop tailgate, Dallas, is only 20 lbs...so lifting him over and out is not a problem....I'll have to check. Bushtec is only about 300 miles south of us, we go to the Smokey's often...

Old 12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Grind
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see others having success with the Pet Palace. We just got one, but it's wrapped, under the tree and Mrs Grind insists on waiting until Christmas for our 6lb Papillon, Andre, to open. Currently, we have "Fundle" - an over-the-shoulder pouch, that Andre rides in.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grind
Nice to see others having success with the Pet Palace. We just got one, but it's wrapped, under the tree and Mrs Grind insists on waiting until Christmas for our 6lb Papillon, Andre, to open. Currently, we have "Fundle" - an over-the-shoulder pouch, that Andre rides in.
I always wanted a Papillon... you might need a large cushion inside as he may not be able to get his head over the opening on the top... and be sure to get him a harness, not a collar to keep him in...

Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 PM
FBFletch
Road Master

Originally Posted by Casper
I don't need the drop tailgate, Dallas, is only 20 lbs...so lifting him over and out is not a problem....I'll have to check. Bushtec is only about 300 miles south of us, we go to the Smokey's often...
Then having your existing lid modified sounds like the ticket. I'd be interested in hearing what Bushtec has to say. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Is this the Ultimate Pet Carrier?