Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIED (FL-VIED-10) Not Compatible With New FuelPak LCD 61019

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation XIED (FL-VIED-10) Not Compatible With New FuelPak LCD 61019

While talking to the V&H tech department this week, I was told the Nightrider XIED FL-VIED-10 won’t work with the new model FuelPak LCD (model 61019 for my RKC) on the 2011 and up models. The new Fuelpak doesn’t use the o2 sensors and in fact isolates them with an insulator that fits between the connectors (what I was told). Nightrider had previously told me that they would work, but Stephen didn’t know about the new changes on the LCD model. He’s a straight up guy and authorized me to return them for a full credit. That kind of service is hard to beat!

Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Sporty302
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

?, I run the Fuelpak #61019 and FL-ViED-10's on my 2011 FLHTCU with no problems. Don't remember any O2 sensor "insulators" coming with the Fuelpak.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Question

Originally Posted by Sporty302
?, I run the Fuelpak #61019 and FL-ViED-10's on my 2011 FLHTCU with no problems. Don't remember any O2 sensor "insulators" coming with the Fuelpak.
Geez, what I've stated was exactly what "Derek" in the V&H Fuelpak tech department told me. No reason for me to make it up. LOL!! He told me the new Fuelpak worked with the open and closed loop and that the FL-VIED-10 shouldn't be used - o2 wasn't to be plugged in. Having said that and since I can't comment on the directions since I'm waiting on delivery, how is the Fuelpak working out for you, especially since you're using the FL-VIED-10's??

Old 08-28-2011, 08:17 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Why would you run both????

Old 08-28-2011, 09:10 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

I am ready to order these new XiED's (FL-VIED-10) this morning. I am running a stock cat less head pipe with Monster Ovals. Just installed the K & N High flow A/C kit. Spoke to the dealer and they advised that the bikes ECM will adjust. B.S. I ran about 100 miles with this set up, while the bike did in fact run great. I pulled the plugs that night once the bike cooled down and they were bright white. So I will be watching this thread and see whats up. I am curious as well to why you would run these two together?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Only the 2011 and later HD's use the new Fuelpak LCD (61019), which according to V&H don't use the o2 sensors. However, the earlier Fuelpak doesn't state to disconnect the o2 sensors. This is why Nightrider says they compliment each other (XIED's control the closed loop and that earlier Fuelpak controls the open loop - from what I understand reading about them on the Nightrider's website). So both work well on 2010 and earlier Harleys. Go ahead and order yours... I noticed a nice improvement and you should, too. If you have any questions, first email Nightrider as Stephen will answer your questions pretty quickly. He's a straight-up guy and seems very knowledgeable.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geeez !! I just did the SE Stage 1 recalibration for proper AFR because of the heavy breather and then did the Xieds-10 to keep the closed loop cooler. Runs great with no problems.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Please help me understand "closed loop" and "open loop".

Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
Just a couple of links:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...open-loop.html

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...osed-loop.html

Do a forum search and you'll see more...

Old 08-28-2011, 10:07 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
Ultra simplified version:

Closed loop is less than half throttle under 4K rpm (i believe). Closed loop uses the O2 sensors to monitor engine and adjust air fuel mix. This is where you spend most of your time riding, and where Xied's can help you.

Open loop is under heavy throttle or at higher rpm. The O2 sensors are not used by the ECM in open loop. The ECM reverts to it's stored "maps" to adjust Air/fuel, timing etc. Open loop is where Factory downloads and Fuel Pak can help you.

Apparently the OP is saying the newest FuelPak uses maps at every RPM/engine load and by passes the O2 sensors all the time. Under those circumstances the Xied's can't affect the engine.

Last edited by ocezam; 08-28-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Quick Reply: XIED (FL-VIED-10) Not Compatible With New FuelPak LCD 61019