Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIED OR TUNER ? again

Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 PM
livindadream
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great advice guys thanks alot, keep them coming

Old 09-09-2011, 07:35 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredding rubber
I have a fuel pak. It seems to work well once you know what each value represents and you adjust accordingly. I have a tuner for my mustang and it's great but the fuel pak is simple and easy. Anyone know how to raise the rev limit.
Raising the rev limit is not an option with a fuel pak.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been running xied's for two years now on three different touring bikes.
They work great for what they are designed to do. I've rode in all altitudes and climates. With and without catalytic convertor's in the headpipe. Never had a problem! I checked my plugs at every service interval and they showed balanced combustion. I recently traded my 2010 RK for a 2012 Triglide. I took the xied's off and put them on the Triglide with Jackpot muffler's and Arlen ness BS air filter. I left the cat headpipe on. I could tell a performance increase.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt0987
I am gutting my cat next week on my 2011 103" RKC to cut down the heat and to help the bike breath easier. (Actually, I picked up a 103" exhaust system w/ only 400 miles on it off a '10 RG, headers through slip ons, off EBay for 150 bucks, shipped. I will be doing the changes to it and installing it to my bike.)

I have been wondering the same thing. XieD vs tuners. In particular the PCV. I, too, plan no further engine work. Just an AC and catless stock pipes. Maybe slipons at some future date. Until then... stock slipons.

I may be wrong, and some may agree with me about this, but, I just see no need for having the cat and a restrictive AC choking the engine.

So, this thread is of interest to me.

Are there other settings from a tuner that you need, will be helpful, beyond what a XeiD provides on a bike with only a Stage 1?

If I can adjust the bike with the XieD, and I expect that once done it will stay that way, I can not see the need for a tuner.

So, my .02 cents so I can be in on this tread.
Nightrider reccomends the Vied for bikes with the cat removed( it's adjustable),Just put one on my 2011 FLHR and so far so good!

Old 09-10-2011, 08:25 AM
lencap
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Big Fan of XIED

My vote is the XIED. I tried them and found them well worth the money.

My review is here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ggestions.html

Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Providing its not rainning tomorrow (it is today) I'll run over to Daytona and back and see how they perform....

Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 AM
rwtrick
Road Captain
Received 263 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm also very interested in this thread. Thanks for all the good information.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:38 PM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

this is my setup,,I have a 09 Ultra with a 96"motor, SE Fatshotz Mufflers and the New Boyesen High Flow A/C,,,I had my Dealer install SE 255 Cams in the 96" also he put the Download for the 103 SE Stage II Kit in my 96" .. The Bike ran a He!! of a lot better but ran a little warm or Hot... Then I had the Xieds instaled by American at Large Motorcycle Shop in Carrollton,KY ... This cooled the bike down and it runs Better Than it Ever Did ...All I can say is if you want to install a Cam and don't want to add the Cost of a PCV or TTS and a Dyno Tune this might be the way to go....Im Very Happy with the way my bike runs..It's smooth has lots of Power with no poping on decel....

Let me add this,, American at Large does a lot of Motor work on Harleys they also have a Dyno for Tunning ,,After they installed the Xieds the Owner took my Ultra for a test ride when he returned I asked him if a Dyno Tune would help my bike ??? His answer was ,,,,Your bike runs strong very strong,, It would be a waste of Money to Dyno your bike,, for what little more you would get, it's just not worth the cost,,, I hope this helps anyone trying to decide on Xieds or even a Cam change..

My goal was to have a good runing "TROUBLE FREE" bike FROM 0-80 MPH (it will run pass 80 easy)..And so far its working ,, It's a blast to Ride in the Hills of Kentucky!!!

Last edited by GEORGEW; 09-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Raising the rev limit is not an option with a fuel pak.
Thanks. I am tuner shopping. The one I have for my car is amazing. With any luck the bike ones do the same things. Good luck with your choice

Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 PM
rcpilot_971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put xied on my 09 street glide with a stage one kit on it already I can tell a little bit of a difference only road it about 50 miles so far. I had the power commander on my 07 lowrider and never could get it to run right never could get rid of the popping on deceleration

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XIED OR TUNER ? again