Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno let down!

Old 09-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno let down!

I replaced my Fuelpak with a PCV last night. I made an appt to have a map done by my local HD dealer today. I got there and turned over my bike, which disappeared to their warehouse up the street for the next 3 1/2 hours. I was getting impatient when the tech finally rolls up on it.

"Bad news" he says. The load cell on the dyno went bad after 30 min, and he had been trying to fix it for the last few hours. What a complete let down.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wonderful! That's a bit disappointment for sure... Try again another day i guess?

Old 09-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Maybe look at this as a message

Save your money and just get a map from Dynojet that most closely resembles your setup. Unless you're a real motorhead, I'll be willing to bet that you'll never even be able to feel the difference.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Waterman31
Intermediate

10350. What were they gonna charge you for the Dyno work? I am thinking about doing the same. Ive tried a few maps from the PC website as well as a couple from Dynojet, but not real happy with either.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
Save your money and just get a map from Dynojet that most closely resembles your setup. Unless you're a real motorhead, I'll be willing to bet that you'll never even be able to feel the difference.
+1...I've been running Power Commanders on my last 8 Harley's (Sportys, Softails & Baggers) using a wide array of Intakes/Pipes. The only time that I truly needed a custom map was when Martin Brothers made me a custom exhaust for my Nightrain. I've been using FuelMoto as a supplier for my last 3 Harleys and if I need a canned map "tweaked" Jamie sends it to me via email.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Waterman31
10350. What were they gonna charge you for the Dyno work? I am thinking about doing the same. Ive tried a few maps from the PC website as well as a couple from Dynojet, but not real happy with either.
They quoted $255 for the tune, which seems reasonable to me.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Cruiser

Yeah, I think I agree. The maps for my last bike were great with no tuning. There are limited maps available for the stock 103 on my bike, but with the 2012 changes, I bet they post one for my setup pretty soon. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

I'd take that bet. Dynojets maps are just a base map and generally richer than needed.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 10350
Yeah, I think I agree. The maps for my last bike were great with no tuning. There are limited maps available for the stock 103 on my bike, but with the 2012 changes, I bet they post one for my setup pretty soon. Thanks.
Did you buy the PC from Fuel Moto, if so Jamie has a boatload of MAPS for almost any set up and if its a little off he will tweek it and e mail to you. In general if the Dynojet site has 1 MAP for a setup, Fuel Moto will have more and they will work with you to get it even better if its not quite to your liking.

I noticed on my Power Vision the MAP from Dyno Jet was olny about 2/3 the file size of the Fuel Moto MAP, makes me think that Jamie spends more time in each cell and maybe not so generic?

Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default True but not everyone buys their PCV from FuelMoto

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I'd take that bet. Dynojets maps are just a base map and generally richer than needed.
Dynojet provides free maps to everyone. Better to be a bit on the rich side than not. Like I said, 'unless' your a motorhead, the slight differences in maps provided by FM or Dynojet and dyno tunes won't be noticeable. Some tweaking is required with a few of the maps, but for the most part they will do for most riders. I'm of the belief that dyno tunes are a huge waste of money unless you have no idea how to install a map or have modified your engine with cams, pistons etc.

Last edited by Watch Guy; 09-26-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: edit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno let down!