Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Feeeeg
Aerostich

zoom
  • Transit Two Piece Suit
  • GORE-TEX® Pro Shell Outerwear
  • $1,594.00 MSRP
HOLY S4!t YOU AINT KIDDING!!!!

Ill just get wet....

LOL
I'll get wet too

Old 09-24-2011, 11:34 AM
DrQ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this one:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
I thought because it was the cheapest it wouldn't work so well, but it packed up into a small ball so I gave it a shot. Rained about every day to and from Sturgis kept me dry.
My problem is vision-any glasses good in the rain?

Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 AM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i bought two black frog tog breathable cheapo rainsuits with gray reflective piping on close out for $52 apice from SportsmandGuide .. they didn't come with the iron on heat sheild you usually get with them . so i bought an old black leather jacket at a thrift store for $5 and cut two large patchs to sew on the lower right leg for heat shelds .. put some snowseal water proff on the leather works good.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:56 AM
VRodnWV
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBowers
I have this one and so far it's been good, I also use the pants with my HD FXRG textile jacket
I bought a HD textile jacket $350 and was told its waterproof and my *** was soaked after a short ride in a moderate rain...... anyone else with this problem?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

For the money, I like Frogg Toggs. Lightweight, affordable, waterproof.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:24 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

If you have gore tex and decide to wash it. Remember to air dry, do not use heat in the dryer as it will ruin the gore tex membrain

Old 09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out the HD Gore-Tex rainsuit. I've ridden all day in the rain in it and stayed completely dry. And it's Gore-Tex so it also breathes and you don't feel like you're in a sauna.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:53 PM
don g
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking for some high vis. rain pants to replace the HD high vis suit I have. The seat of the pants started to leak on my last trip and I had to use some silicone caulk on them to get me through the trip. I like the high visibility but the PU coating on these pants is so thin that you can see the black outer material through little pin holes all over the inside of the pants. I paid a lot of money for this suit and it's junk. It's sure hard to find high visibility pants. I'd also like to get longer legs on the next pair of pants for a more comfortable fit.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hobbes2
Well , Rode 10 hours in moderate to heavy rain home to pa from the dragon yesterday and vowed to to something about our rain gear. We both have the hdrain suits , about a year old 135bucks or so , and helmets with shields. After about 2 to 3 hours both had soaked through, not just wet spots , soaked through. Are there any rain gear that wont soak through with heavy rain over longer time periods. Thanks.
I have bought many rain suits, but the Tour Master 2 piece rain suit is so far the best for me. I have used it for the last 12 years (every year), and sometimes 4-6 hours under heavy rain without any drop on me.
I believe I paid around $90 at the time.
Good luck on shopping!

Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

HD Overpass works perfectly every time regardless of how heavy the rain or how many hours/days you are riding in it. Just tripped for 34 days with 28 of them in the rain in northern Canada and Alaska and stayed completely dry except for my face. Now if I could just find some goggles that will not fog up.

Quick Reply: Rain Gear.