Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" wheel-lowering front and rear, or just front?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
showmebassin
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21" wheel-lowering front and rear, or just front?

I am new to the forum and any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2002 Road King FLHR that is pretty much stock except the 21" front wheel I put on her this summer. My right rear shock to a sh*& this weekend on our ride and leaked oil all over the place. So since I have to replace the shocks anyway I am debating on whether or not to stick with the stock shocks or maybe going to the 1" lowering shocks. Also i have not lowered the front yet and I am really thinking I will do that this winter also after reading alot of the other threads on here as mine is pretty tipsy at low speeds, otherwise she rides great. Wanted to see what you all thought about the HD front lowering kit vs the progressive drop in kit.

To keep the bike level I'm leaning towards replacing the rear shocks and staying with stock shocks and just lowering the front. Wasn't planning on making any suspension changes this winter as I'm adding the stage II kit this winter, but she's a pit and I keep throwing money at her. Like I said any input would be appreciated.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lowered the front and rear both. If you have installed a 21" front, chances are the front ride height is a little bit taller than stock... even with the low profile tire. When I had my 07 SG with a 21" front wheel, I had the rear lowering kit installed without doing the front and it felt a little front heavy to me... therefore I lowered the front shortly after. Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 AM
showmebassin
Stage IV

How much did you lower the front and rear? I'd like to lower the front to make up for some of the lift I gave it with the 21 but I dont want to sacrifice any of the ride either as we tour on this bike. Adding that 21 to the front is the best thing I could have done, I absolutely love the look it gave it and all the looks it gets. Thanks for the reply

Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM
showmebassin
Stage IV

Well after PMing with ICIBUY I may be considering the Arnott system. I might have to put off the engine build for a month, but definitely tempting. Thanks

Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by showmebassin
Well after PMing with ICIBUY I may be considering the Arnott system. I might have to put off the engine build for a month, but definitely tempting. Thanks
You wont regret it!