Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thunder max or stay with the fuel pak

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM
tinsnips
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question thunder max or stay with the fuel pak

thinking of changing over to the thunder max as i was informed that the fuel paks range is limited as far as mods go and that the tmax is constantly managing the bikes performance is this correct and does anyone know how much they cost ?

Old 10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tinsnips
thinking of changing over to the thunder max as i was informed that the fuel paks range is limited as far as mods go and that the tmax is constantly managing the bikes performance is this correct and does anyone know how much they cost ?
Also look into the Revolution Performance EMS.....I just installed one on my SG and I'm very pleased with the results. Plus you keep your HD ECM, there's no dyno tuning needed and you don't have to deal with maps.

Last edited by HDV-GLIDE; 10-13-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,583 Likes on 4,612 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Also look into the Revolution Performance EMS.....I just installed one on my SG and I'm very pleased with the results. Plus you keep your HD ECM and there's no dyno tuning needed.
+1 on the ems, but it depends on year of your bike, no ems for '10 and up at this time

Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 AM
mccstevie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Thundermax installed by an independant mechanic about 6 weeks ago. Cost was $1000 including installation with a follow-up check after 1000 miles. Cant say enough about this being money well spent. I only have an aftermarket exhaust and an Arlen Ness air cleaner but the indy tells me that this will auto tune with anything else I add or change down the road.

I bought the 08 Ultra used with the exhaust and a Screaming Eagle air cleaner already installed. The bike had very poor throttle response,hesitation and an inconsistent idle. Along with that my inner thighs were scorched regularly and the popping through the exhaust on deceleration was annoying. The Thundermax took care of all of those issues. The bike is much snappier,pulls hard through every gear and runs much cooler. On top of all that, you dont need to bother with getting your bike dyno-ed. The indy plugged in his laptop and checked all the values. The tuner was doing exactly what is was supposed to do and the values confirmed the bike was running as well as it could be.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM
JoeTag
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the Tmax installed about 6 months ago and I am very happy with its performance. Bike runs great without having to spend the money for a tune up. Additionally, I will eventually do the cams and once again I will not need the tune up. Just change the maps and it will then auto tune. It is expensive up front but I think it is worth in the long run.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
viperr817
Road Captain

I have a thundermax as well, and am very pleased with it. But if the cobra power pro was available when I was in the market I might have went with that due to the difference in price.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser

Just installed the Tmax last week to replace a faulty power commander V. I'm sure that the thundermax is still not completely self tuned and all I can say is WOW, my bike never ran like this with the PC V even after two different dyno tunes by different tuners . I wish I had done this in the first place.The difference throttle response and smoothness of acceleration is astounding! Well worth the money for me

Old 10-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Thundermax and you will never go back ! I installed one after my Stock ECM went bad. I had a Power Commander V. With the Thundermax my bike has never ran as well as it does now. smooth acceleration, no decal pop, smooth idle, ect. I have SE 255 cams, Pro pipe chrome and SE air cleaner and my bike runs better than a brand new one.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Steel Billet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One year ago this month I had the thundermax installed and the preformance has been impressive and flawless.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 146 Posts

T-Max...Nuff said!

Quick Reply: thunder max or stay with the fuel pak