Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers in inner fairing glove box lids??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Speakers in inner fairing glove box lids??

So my wife and I were out for a breakfast ride, and we passed a guy on a road-glide. I noticed he had speakers installed into the fairing glove box doors, pretty much right under the factory speakers. Does anyone know if there is a kit for this or maybe custom. Can't imagine it would be too difficult.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:16 PM
mfortkamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

hogtunes or the new street glides have them also from factory

Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfortkamp
hogtunes or the new street glides have them also from factory
Nope, neither, I don't believe that's what he's talking about.

Finally able to get back on the Forum, and, with something useful, so here goes............................
They're from www.HardRideAudio.com
American Iron's Motorcycle Bagger Nov/Dec 2011 issue just did a write up on them. They replace the glovebox doors with speaker enclosures that house 2 speakers in each mount. That system comes as a complete 6-speaker system and it lists for....................$850. In a nutshell it's a 300 watt amp, (2) 6.5" replacing the OE speakers, (2) 4" mids, and (2) tweeters, and the enclosures of course.
The speaker enclosure has a decent shape to it and I'm sure it can be painted. That article caught my eye for my Roadie. Who knows........

Hope that helps.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Nope, neither, I don't believe that's what he's talking about.

Finally able to get back on the Forum, and, with something useful, so here goes............................
They're from www.HardRideAudio.com
American Iron's Motorcycle Bagger Nov/Dec 2011 issue just did a write up on them. They replace the glovebox doors with speaker enclosures that house 2 speakers in each mount. That system comes as a complete 6-speaker system and it lists for....................$850. In a nutshell it's a 300 watt amp, (2) 6.5" replacing the OE speakers, (2) 4" mids, and (2) tweeters, and the enclosures of course.
The speaker enclosure has a decent shape to it and I'm sure it can be painted. That article caught my eye for my Roadie. Who knows........

Hope that helps.
Hmm, don't see them on their web-site, maybe too new. This guys set-up looked like Polk grills, painted to match color matched fairing...