Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-1 or 2-2 exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
sanaga
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-1 or 2-2 exhaust???

my friend tell me, that if we use 2-1 exhaust on our big twins, it will give more power compare to 2-2 exhaust???
but 2-1 will give bad exhaust sound...something like over lapping sound...
is it true??
because im think about change my supertrapp slipon to full system, but still confused about 2-1 or 2-2.....
i appreciate your input...

thanks

Old 11-27-2006, 12:24 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 2-1 or 2-2 exhaust???

best scavenging of exhaust gases is with 2 into 1. Your power band will be a little higher tho. True duals give you more lower torq and sound good plus they do increase your performance. A reasonable way to determine what you might want is to try the Fullsac dual conversion $179. www.fullsac.com personally, I think a single pipe on a bagger looks funny.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

yeah im think about funny look too....

Old 11-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

build lots of power in the motor and put on true duals for the look

Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

best scavenging of exhaust gases is with 2 into 1. Your power band will be a little higher tho. True duals give you more lower torq and sound good plus they do increase your performance. A reasonable way to determine what you might want is to try the Fullsac dual conversion $179. www.fullsac.com personally, I think a single pipe on a bagger looks funny.

No way do True Duals put out more low end TQ or HP then a 2-1 Exhaust.[sm=noooo.gif]

Old 11-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Harleypaw
Tourer

You'll never have the the same performance with true duals as you will from a good 2-1 (on low end or top end), If you like the look of duals giving up a few ponies for looks isn't a bad thing. I like the looks of a bagger with a 2-1 exhaust.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:30 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

No way do True Duals put out more low end TQ or HP then a 2-1 Exhaust.[sm=noooo.gif]
That's what I was thinking. This topic has been covered many time, do a search. True duals do not give you more tq, or hp. As far as the sound, nothing compares to a 2-1 for all around performance and sound. I would research this before you decide. But I can tell if you desire performance and great sound then a 2-1 is for you. If you want a dual look than get an exhaust with a false left side pipe. I have tried both exhaust systems if you want to know more you can PM me.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:47 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are advantages to the 2 into 1 exhaust. But I don't like the looks of a bagger with a 2 into 1 set up. Sorry guys.....they look great form the right side tho. I'm willing to give up a little for the look and the sound. Nothin sounds better than running down the road with stereo exhaust.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put the V&H true duals with Rush 1.75 on last week and i love them. I work with a guy who has been riding HD for over 30 years and he heard it for the first time this morning. He was staring at me pulling into work and as soon as i shut the bike off he said Man that sounds good, came up to me again later that day and asked about the exhaust. It's a whole different sound now that each cylinder has it own pipe. Love the look, sound, and it runs just fine for me.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLHT

There are advantages to the 2 into 1 exhaust. But I don't like the looks of a bagger with a 2 into 1 set up. Sorry guys.....they look great form the right side tho. I'm willing to give up a little for the look and the sound. Nothin sounds better than running down the road with stereo exhaust.

Believe me your giving up more then just alittle.

Quick Reply: 2-1 or 2-2 exhaust???