Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 11-13-2011, 01:19 PM
One Of The Regulars
Default Run/Brake/Turn Module - Ultra Tour Pak

Just purchased the Run/Brake/Turn kit (Part No. 69461-06C) for my 11 FLHTCU. For some reason I thought this kit added the turn signal functionality to the Tour Pak lights but it doesn't. Another added issue is when I turn on the bike to "accessories" the turn signal bar and the rear stop light stays on now. I don't think it should stay on. I think I need to return this and get my money back. I an still searching for a kit to added turn signal funtionality to my Tour Pak and also add brake light functionality to my rear turn signal bar. Any ideas? I know Ride Time has a module but need to call them and see if it will do what I am looking for.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Road Warrior

Part 69461-06C is not the Tour Pak kit, it's the brake light kit - 69200042A is the part you're looking for.

"... why is it that Leftists can tell you just what the Second Amendment does not mean, but never tell you what it does mean?"
Old 11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Rear (tail) light is on all the time. The RTB module turns turns your blinkers into running,brake and blinkers for added visibility....so yes they will be on all the time.....that is what the module is suppose to do.

The Electra Glide....The one and only truly classic Harley- Davidson! 2008 Electra Glide in Crimson Red Sunglow. 25 skulls, PC-V Retro running dual maps, Mo-Flow A/C, Full sac True Duals and SE Touring mufflers w/ Full sac 2" baffles, Alpine CDA-9855 w/KCA-420i iPod Audio system.

U.S. Army Retired 1978 - 1998
Old 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

When I'm cleaning up the bike after a dirty weeks commute and listening to my radio, I unplug the aux kit because yes indeed, the turn signal lights are on even in the Acc mode now.

But that's small price to pay for that added visibility at 5:30 in the morning.

2000 FLTRSEI Stage II 95" Big Bore with Andrews 26 Gear Drives,and a Patriot Defender 2 into 1 Exhaust.
A pick up truck ran the stop sign 2/26/14, and I built a "Screamin' Eagle Road King" out of the salvage.
(And I have a '04 BMW R1200 CL now too.)
Old 11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
One Of The Regulars

White Ice, can I still retain the brake light kit and also add the Tour Pak kit? Just trying to get more visiability.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
White Ice, can I still retain the brake light kit and also add the Tour Pak kit? Just trying to get more visiability.
The turn signal/brake light module does NOT work with the kit that makes your tour pack lights turn signals. I don't know why, buy it won't. I tried. I stayed with the tour pack turn sigs, I think they are more visible.

Mark
V&H Dresser Duals,V&H Monster Rounds,Fuel Moto A/C, Power Commander Vision
Polished rotors,Chrome Front End
Old 11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP View Post
The turn signal/brake light module does NOT work with the kit that makes your tour pack lights turn signals. I don't know why, buy it won't. I tried. I stayed with the tour pack turn sigs, I think they are more visible.

Mark
On my 07 FLHTCU the tourpack module works with the RTB module. I can't believe they won't work the same way on yours.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Rider

Here is a write up on installing the Tour Pak turn signal module

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...rsion-kit.html

It states if you already have the module that turns the turn signals into running light/brake lights/turn signals that the module for the tour pak has to be the first one in the circuit
Old 11-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
When I'm cleaning up the bike after a dirty weeks commute and listening to my radio, I unplug the aux kit because yes indeed, the turn signal lights are on even in the Acc mode now.

But that's small price to pay for that added visibility at 5:30 in the morning.
Wouldn't just be easier to have a stereo in the garage? Not saying, just asking.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP View Post

Mark
Mark, how did you connect the tour pak Y-harness relative to the RTB module? I ask because both work if the Y-harness is connected ahead of the RTB module, but the RTB won't work if installed ahead of the Y-harness for the tour pak--don't know why it matters, but that seems to be the experience of those using both as related in the thread referenced by fj1200 above.

Carl

CMA, Crossties Chapter (GA)
IBA 26580
'04 FLHTPX
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 AM

P