Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop Seat Kit ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by baggerdoug
I put the FBI drop seat kit on my '09 Roady along with an Arnott air ride when I had less than 100 miles on it. I have logged over 16k miles on this setup and it is the best riding HD I have owned (have owned 12 HD's and 4 custom choppers in the past 30 yrs). The past summer I logged nearly 9k on this bike with a 23" front wheel/tire and and travel as far as 5 states from home. I do have it set up as a solo bike (wifey's rides her own) and cannot state how it would ride with the DS two up. It does set very much like a softail. The FB kit includes everything and can be bolted on in an afternoon. They can even match factory paint for a fee. The kit is first class and of the highest quality. I'm 5'10" with a 33" inseam and setting I am very much bent kneed. This was one of the best mods I have ever done - currently stretching, raking and going to a 26" front wheel/tire. This will rate up there too in favorite mods. PM me with any questions. Later.
Love to see some pics of your setup, Doug. I'm contemplating doing the FBI kit as well. I don't need to lower, just would like that softail feel. Thanks!
Jerry

Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on some pics

Old 11-17-2011, 05:51 AM
baggerdoug
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here ya go.

Attached Thumbnails Drop Seat Kit ???-orange-crusher.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks bad azz!! Does it affect the ride in anyway? And do you feel the heat anymore than stock height? Thanks for the info.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
Love to see some pics of your setup, Doug. I'm contemplating doing the FBI kit as well. I don't need to lower, just would like that softail feel. Thanks!
Jerry
I just put on a set of 12" Ape handle bars and you won't believe how it changes the feel of the bike.
It has that sitting in the bike feeling now and it doesn't feel like a Geezer Glide anymore.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
baggerdoug
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The FBI drop seat will have no ill affect on handling. You should probably expect a little better handling due to a lower center of gravity. Heat should not be anymore of an issue than prior to the kit. My 107 runs very cool. Even in the summer heat I rarely saw oil temps around 200 degrees (measured with a calibrated Autometer gauge).

I have broken my back a few years ago in a bike accident and after the drop seat, air ride & forward controls (no more running boards) this has been the only bike that I have been able to log 5-600 mile/day on. Absolutely love the ride this bike has.

Below a sneak pic of this winter's project. Pic is of my stretched body work prior to cutting off the neck for my stretch/rake job. Will be welding up the neck this weekend and mounting my air ride forks & 26" wheel/tire over Thanksgiving weekend.

Have a great day and call FBI to discuss options for their DS package. You will not be disappointed. Later.

Attached Thumbnails Drop Seat Kit ???-dscf0463.jpg   Drop Seat Kit ???-dscf0467.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
notrailers
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the FBI "Narrow" Drop Seat Kit (with a custom Corbin Saddle).
[/IMG]

Old 11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have never seen one (even in a picture) on a Road King.... but i bet i would look baaaaaaaad....
I'm picturing all black with a big chrome 5 spoke on the front......

my father-in-law is due for a new bike in spring..... i might have to convince him to let me build one of these for him

p.s. we're both 5'6"

Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say go with the super narrow kit from Mean City Cycles. His wife is 5'1" and rides a Street Glide with that modification.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Check this out from Fatbaggers

http://youtu.be/sC69_TgjGBs

Quick Reply: Drop Seat Kit ???