Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Deflectors Review for Street Glide

Old 11-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Chris Creole
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harfooz
Do you getting any rubbing on the bars when you turn the bars to full lock?
They do touch the engine bars a little at a full turn left or right but I can still lock the sterring ok.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by harfooz
Do you getting any rubbing on the bars when you turn the bars to full lock?
I have the same ones on my SG. No rubbing of any kind, not even close to my crash bars on full lock....They work, period.....Install the wings on the fairing and your be amazed.

On closer examination of your pics, mine are different. The top of mine are solid with a circle cut out for the turn signals to protrude through. Plus yours appear to be wider which would explain the contact with the crash bars. I'll try to find my vendor on e-bay and post his info.

Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-STREE...item3f105f414f

Last edited by HDV-GLIDE; 11-22-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by horsefoots
I installed these on my Streetglide and as much as I tried to fight it, they made a huge difference. I was getting that buffeting enough to blur my vision prior to install and with no windshield change it was a dramatic change. Still up in the air if I'm keeping these on or going for lower fairings. Are bikes with lower fairings getting the buffeting so many of us are having?
I have lowers and the buffetign @ 70mph was unbearable. I put a giant windshield on and the buffeting is done. I still get a considerable ammount of wind from above the lowers but it's not a problem. I'd like to go to a shorter recurve type of windshiels that i can look over and will start my search in the spring. If I can keep the buffeting away and look over the shield I'll be all set!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chris Creole
No, I added the windshield first thinking that was it but it didn't stop the tornado comming up from under the tank into my chest, chin and face. I put these on today, a month later. And yes they come in gloss or flat black and color matched his web site says. best MOD I did yet.
Can you send a link to the website? Very interested in the color matching option, though the chrome looks great on your bike.

Did you try a fork baffle? I'd be interested to know the impact of one on your setup, if tried.

I have a 7in windsweeper, not sure exactly where the breeze is coming from but it's more than I like, looking for a solution without changing windshields if possible.

If anyone out there has (or can get) a photo of these deflectors on a bike with fog lights mounted on the engine guards it would be greatly appreciated. I'd be curious to see the effect on lighting from the fog lamps.

TX

Old 11-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Chris Creole
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dynawideglider
Can you send a link to the website? Very interested in the color matching option, though the chrome looks great on your bike.

Did you try a fork baffle? I'd be interested to know the impact of one on your setup, if tried.
There's a link a few posts back, not the ebay on. No i thought the fork baffels were for Road glides, i may be wrong but after reading hundreds of posts on it decided not to get the fork baffels

Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just got mine from ebay a few days ago. They work very well. Im still on the fence as to how it looks on the bike, but it does cut the updraft from under the fairing that I will keep them on. You can get them in chrome, flat black or gloss black from http://street-glide.com/order-wind-deflectors.html
My only complaint is I wish they would have made it fit closer to the tins. There is a pretty big gap below the bottom triple tree tin. Otherwise, its a very functional and easy to install mod.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:57 PM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had mine on for a few weeks, I have an 8 inch homemade windshield, batwing deflectors and lowers. Without them I would get the slight turbulence to my glasses and head. Not anymore!

Old 02-04-2012, 06:43 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does installing the wind deflectors add more steering pressure when turning or vibration to handlebars at highway speeds ?

Old 02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Curious if these deflectors work this well to deflect air buffeting, then do they reduce air travel to cool the engine. anyone notice any difference?

Old 02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Curious if these deflectors work this well to deflect air buffeting, then do they reduce air travel to cool the engine. anyone notice any difference?
I haven't noticed no decrease in engine cooling. These things do work, it's either form or function, only you can decide what you want. If you have a chrome front end, the chrome ones blend in well. If you have the stock front end, it may look a little awkward..Just my 2 cents...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wind Deflectors Review for Street Glide