Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Power Duals is it worth it over the Dresser Duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Half Throttle
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vance & Hines Power Duals is it worth it over the Dresser Duals

I have a 2010 Street Glide and need more sound. I am looking to purchase true duals and trying to decide if I should go with the V&H Dresser Duals or move up to the V&H Power duals. Are the Power Duals worth the additional money? I think the dresser duals have a cleaner look but the Power Duals are starting to grow on me.
I think I will put V&H High Output Slip-ons unless someone could talk me into Reinharts

Old 11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
mailmanhugh
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I went with the dresser duals and 4 inch rinehart slip ons. I am very happy with the look, the sound and the performance. An unexpected bonus was a pickup of about 2mpg in my average fuel mileage. Good luck with your decision.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have the dressers with rineharts. I love the sound which is what I was after

Old 11-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,365 Likes on 2,619 Posts

If you want a 2-1-2 but keep the stock appearance, Fullsac and Fuelmoto both sell X-pipe headers that allow you to keep the stock heat shields. Best of both worlds!

Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 PM
D-9 OPERATOR
Cruiser

Bub tdx headers &straight 8 4" mufflers go on this week should perform and sound awesome from what I am told I will let you know. You might want to consider them. I loved my bub 7'stdx on my 08

Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Well, I have the V&H Power Duals matched up to a set of V&H Slip On Ovals. Not the monster ovals as I haven't done any head work. The V&H Power Dual Headers definitely made a difference in both the low end torque plus added some really decent throaty rumble to the pipes. The sound coming from the pipes is loud enough to really sound good without overpowering the stereo to the point of having to blast the volumn.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:07 PM
dyeates
Cruiser

I went with the dresser duals for the look, CFR's for the sound. Lost low end torque but am happy overall. 09 SG.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:32 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Half Throttle
I have a 2010 Street Glide and need more sound. I am looking to purchase true duals and trying to decide if I should go with the V&H Dresser Duals or move up to the V&H Power duals. Are the Power Duals worth the additional money? I think the dresser duals have a cleaner look but the Power Duals are starting to grow on me.
I think I will put V&H High Output Slip-ons unless someone could talk me into Reinharts
"Power Duals" are not true duals. Any set where the gases are combined anywhere in the system are not True Duals.

Originally Posted by Keithhu
If you want a 2-1-2 but keep the stock appearance, Fullsac and Fuelmoto both sell X-pipe headers that allow you to keep the stock heat shields. Best of both worlds!
Personally I like the look of the x-pipe. Form follows function.

My two cents...
I've got True Duals. They will zap the low end. There is no getting around the lack of exhaust scavenging. They sound somewhat better than 2-1-2, but not much. The x-pipe (Power Duals) sound very close, perform better, and in my opinion, look bitchin'.

If I had it to do over, I'd look real hard at Power Duals, although I have heard they are prone to dragging easier and that would be a deal breaker for me.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:30 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Half Throttle
I would not put the V&H High Output's on unless you've had some cam work done or you have bored out you motor. Another alternative if you wanted to go down to a single pipe would be the V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe. I had it on my 97 Roadking and it had awesome sound plus plenty of low end without sacrafice to top end.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will soon be getting rid of my 2-1-2 setup and going to True Duals, nothing sounds like true duals, especially when you add cams.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Power Duals is it worth it over the Dresser Duals