Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

led oil dipstick

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I've had two of the newer LCD oil dip sticks. One was for the Dyna the other was for the RK and later the Road Glide. Both worked flawless down here in South Florida. I'm spoiled by them and check my oil more often with just a push of the button.

Highly recommend them.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Delaware.Dave
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rootbeer bob
I just installed the Rinehart Xtremes duals with 3.5 mufflers on my 2011 E/G Ultra.. I went with the X-Tremes because i like the stock look of the rear pipe going under the bike..What i didnt know was ..after installing them..how close the pipe is to the oil dipstick. Making it almost IMPOSSABLE to ck the oil when the bike is warm.. So is was thinking of getting a LED dipstick that shows the oil temp as well as the level.. Just wondering if anyone is useing them on there bike and what they think of them..are they reliable.
I know nothing takes the place of cking it yourself...but just trying to find something the keeps me from having to stick my hand behind the hot pipe all the time.
Like other riders on here, I had the LED Dipstick on my 2007 Ultra. I tried two, and they never worked right, but the newer ones may be completely different inside.

One think to think about. The activation button is under the display, on the face of the gauge. If the dipstick is hard to get to with a hot exhaust, you'll have the same problem with that button.