Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:46 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....

I have just purchase an '07 RK Classic and am looking to buy a solo seat. Lots of information available through the search feature, but alot of conflicting information also. I need a seat that places me a couple inches or more backwards from the stock position and I would like a backrest as well. I am looking hard at the C&C, but I'm not sure it will set me back far enough, if at all. I had such a bad customer service experience with Corbin this past summer that I never want to do business with them again. I'm open to hearing about any
others as well. Mustang is a winner with a lot of people, but I need a little room and most of the comments her suggest that the Mustang solo is comparable to the stock seating position.
I will probably have Mean City modify the stock seat, but I want a lower profile solo for most of the riding I do.
Weigh in with your experience here and you might want to include height and inseam as a way to compare preference - I'm 6'0 and 32" inseam and feeling a little cramped in the legroom department...

Old 12-23-2011, 05:53 PM
StCRider
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the specs on Mustang's website:

http://www.mustangseats.com/category/seats

I have the standard vintage solo seat. There are options that move you back more, with or without backrests.

The Mustang seat is significantly different, in a good way, from the factory one-piece.My only criticism was the Mustang seat is not leather. Doesn't bother me, now.

I'm 6'2, 215 lbs, with 32" inseam, and recommend Mustang seats.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Smokengun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came with a Mustang solo and backrest. I'm 5'8 ish about 215 with a 30 inseam. I had to put 1 inch lowering on the back of mine. I'm a hair away from flatfoot. I thought the backrest would be useless, but after using it, LOVE it!! :-)

Old 12-23-2011, 07:14 PM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am running a Danny Gray Weekday solo that puts you lower and back a little, great seat with first class workmanship but I don't know if you can get a backrest for it.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 PM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C&C

Last edited by 131tman; 12-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 PM
jimmything
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I went with the Danny Grey buttcrack solo. Moves you back and down an inch. And it's leather. Nothing against Mustang seats, but I think they're vinyl, and I want leather for price I paid.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
roadkil1995
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a mustang wide solo.really like it.im 75" tall

Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 PM
zjones
Cruiser

Good info so far fellas - thanks...

Jimmything- is the DG seat comfortable for longer trips? I had a LePera low profile on my Dyna that was hell to sit on, but looked damn good - someone compared it to a buttcrack seat once, and I wondered if the comfort was the same?

131tman - maybe the best looking touring seat I have seen - props to you! Do you have a read on your position compared to stock? How's the comfort at 200 miles for you? Damn classy looking seat.....

Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM
medic1555
Road Captain

Your bike looks awsome! Is that a HD fairing or aftermarket?

Originally Posted by 131tman
C&C

Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 PM
jimmything
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by zjones
Good info so far fellas - thanks...

Jimmything- is the DG seat comfortable for longer trips? I had a LePera low profile on my Dyna that was hell to sit on, but looked damn good - someone compared it to a buttcrack seat once, and I wondered if the comfort was the same?

131tman - maybe the best looking touring seat I have seen - props to you! Do you have a read on your position compared to stock? How's the comfort at 200 miles for you? Damn classy looking seat.....
Well, it seems like there's two camps on the seat hardness. The Mustangs tend to be fairly soft. The DG is like the corbin(had one on my Triumph speedmaster). Pretty hard, but it somewhat conforms to your butt print after some time, and you really don't want it to sag, cuz that's where the pain comes from. I've gone all day on this seat, and haven't had any fatigue at all. But, all butts aren't the same, so I guess it depends on your butt profile...

Quick Reply: Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....