Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Compensator...Just Do It!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2011, 03:52 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SE Compensator...Just Do It!!!!!!

I know we don't need another conpensator thread but I just had to tell you guys.

I had my stock compensator replaced yesterday with the SE compensator.

The stock comp had the occaisional knock at startup and sometimes a little clatter when starting off riding two up. It had not broken or anything.

I have a great dealer and they agreed to replace the stock comp with the SE comp because of my concerns with the noise and bang at startup.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! What a difference in the bike.

I can't believe how much smoother it shifts, no more loose feeling in the drivetrain. It feels very solid and predictable. It makes the clutch actuation feel so much better.

The starter sounds so much better, quieter than before.

I have only ridden about 30 miles to home since the change, but to say I am impressed is an understatement.

Sorry to start another compensator thread, but I just had to say how impressed I am with the new SE compensator.

If you are riding around on the stock style comp, change it out for the SE comp, you will be impressed. The SE comp lives up to all the hype.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:01 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

At the present time I have none of the issues you describe occurring on my bike. I have my own trepidation with hanging that extra weight on the end of a crank, so as long as all is well, I will stay stock. It's very cool that you found a fix for your issues, thats what really matters.

Last edited by qtrracer; 12-31-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ditto to that. Changed my stock compensator to the SE under warranty. No Charge and what a difference.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My compensator hasn't given me any real problems, and normally I'm one who believes if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I'm going to be doing some work to my engine soon and also have a coupon for 20% off, so this is one of those times I'm going to break the rule, I hope I don't regret it.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default SE Comp

Next time you change your primary fluid, make sure you clean all the metal shavings off the magnet. The whole end of the plug will be covered with them.

SE Comp is great for about 20K miles. After that, not so much.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkoivisto
Next time you change your primary fluid, make sure you clean all the metal shavings off the magnet. The whole end of the plug will be covered with them.

SE Comp is great for about 20K miles. After that, not so much.
The metal shavings are there because of the SE Comp?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Sierra
I know we don't need another conpensator thread but I just had to tell you guys.

I had my stock compensator replaced yesterday with the SE compensator.

The stock comp had the occaisional knock at startup and sometimes a little clatter when starting off riding two up. It had not broken or anything.

I have a great dealer and they agreed to replace the stock comp with the SE comp because of my concerns with the noise and bang at startup.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! What a difference in the bike.

I can't believe how much smoother it shifts, no more loose feeling in the drivetrain. It feels very solid and predictable. It makes the clutch actuation feel so much better.

The starter sounds so much better, quieter than before.

I have only ridden about 30 miles to home since the change, but to say I am impressed is an understatement.

Sorry to start another compensator thread, but I just had to say how impressed I am with the new SE compensator.

If you are riding around on the stock style comp, change it out for the SE comp, you will be impressed. The SE comp lives up to all the hype.
You couldn't have said it any better, I feel the same way......everything is very noticeably better than I expected.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Shavings

Originally Posted by sparky_mo
The metal shavings are there because of the SE Comp?
Yes, The spokes that the cams ride on wear away and make metal shavings. That's really not a big problem though. After a while it will quit makeing so many shavings, but then the fretting begins... The thing doesn't get the oil it needs and it will eat itself up.

Other than that, I love the SE comp.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
2010 ultra man
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default just do it

I wanted to change,upgrade to the S.E. comp. under warranty and they(dealer) said no way. I will change it myself...no big deal. I'm not going to wait for the stock one to grenade on me...then you got real problems.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing doesn't get the oil it needs and it will eat itself up.
just great -

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SE Compensator...Just Do It!!!!!!