Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody not like LED/Daymaker lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:49 PM
14Glide
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Does anybody not like LED/Daymaker lights?

I know a lot of people like the daymaker and the moco is selling a lot of them. Just wondering how many people don't like the look of LED headlights and prefer halogen light. I've always hated to meet a car with led headlights so I am a little slow to warm up to them.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Hesh81
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have one on my RK yet, but I have them on my H1 (the Daymaker/JW Speaker 8700 Evolution is a direct replacement for the round sealed beams on the H1/HMMWV, Jeeps, etc) and I love them. Definitely an improvement hands down, and visibility is immensely improved with them. Properly aimed, I have yet to be flashed on the highway or city with them, and found that I felt safer with my improved visibility and that was paramount. I plan to toss one into my RK for next season hopefully, or an LED equivalent.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

sometimes I dont like the way they look as far as too hi tech on a 100 yr old designed bike but then again I think they look kewl too and just need to warm up to them,seems like the way of the future. I have gottin flashed from drivers but that hasn't happened in a few years, I was one of the first to try them(b4 HD sold them) and probly had something to do with cars thinking I was hi beaming them?
Ive also adjusted them down a bit not for flashing on comers but to retaining the excellent coverage while preventing any dead spots in the beam while riding in the country.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:22 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My 2 Cents

Personally, i have mixed views on the look of the Daymakers. Once i get my Slim i plan to install the Daymaker for the sake of improved visibility for the rider and fellow vehicles on the road. Since my bike will be more retro themed, im going to stick with the chromed Daymaker, as to not draw too much attention to the projector lenses inside the unit. I think the blacked-out version tends to change the character of the whole light housing. That's just my opinion though...

Old 10-16-2014, 10:34 PM
oldwarrior
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't care for them at all, don't like the way they look, I'm also having a problem with them on oncoming cars, they are to bright

Old 10-16-2014, 10:54 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 629 Likes on 455 Posts

NAPA offers a couple versions of the reflector style LED at very competitive pricing. I have no personal experience with either one. napaonline.com

Old 10-16-2014, 11:53 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Only thing I don't like about them is the price.The stock headlights on my 13 Limited work great, just cant see throwing money at that yet.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:13 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

The bikes that are in front of me at night don't like mine......

Old 10-17-2014, 03:04 AM
Sparks200
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 50 Posts

Worked great until a truck kicked up a rock and shattered the lens on it. Still works but looks like hell. Called Harley and they said can't repair them, throw away. WOW $500 in the trash, insurance was $500 deductible. Lesson's learned!

Old 10-17-2014, 03:46 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I love my Trucklite Phase 7 Reflector type, $160 at NAPA. The Projector style are too expensive and the beam is too narrow to be on a motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Does anybody not like LED/Daymaker lights?