Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust + air cleaner = Dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Wetz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get smart on this myself.

Hey guys. I picked up a 2011 Street Glide with the 103 last fall. Installed a heavy breather and recently purchased the HD racing tuner and decided to go with nightstix slip ons as my dealer here in Germany is playing HD parts vs warranty games with me. Anybody have any advice on where to get smart on options for the set-up? I am USAF, bought the bike through military sales and don't have much trust in the local dealerships around me. Anything you all have to offer on maps, dyno "must knows" or failures and successes would be greatly appreciated. Hard to swallow a quote for $1,200 to install slip on mufflers, a racing tuner and dyno job when I have already bought the pipes and tuner. Thanks! Wetz

Old 01-12-2012, 08:59 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

If by "race tuner" you are referring to the Screaming Eagle Pro Race Tuner, if you have access to a computer close to your bike, I'd go the extra $$ and get the software and cables to go along with it. I've used that set up, and I'm no wrench, but have been able to work with it so far. I'm not doing any fine tuning on the bike, but the software comes with a decent variety of maps, and I've been able to find ones that have suited my bike. I started with just the a/c and the Nightstick, and gave it their "stage I" download. This last weekend I replaced the head pipe to one without a cat and reflashed it with their "all-market exhaust and racing muffler" download and the bike is running great. I might take it in for a proper tune some day (dyno), but for my riding this is working fine.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Wetz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sanlyn, I bought the Screaming Eagle Pro Race Tuner. I have the cables, just waiting for the software. It was back-ordered. How much of a performance increase did you see when you initially installed the tuner on your ride? The weather isn't supporting riding right now, but am anxious to see how mine performs. Thanks for the info. I might throw you another comment after I get the software and take a look at it. Wetz